Wierd dreams thread
Sep 18, 2007 at 4:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

arnoldsoccer4

500+ Head-Fier
So I just had a strange one, I was being chased through a cathedral by a grandma in a wheelchair with a harpoon gun
blink.gif
and she was faster than me, she shot at me and hit the pope instead, who took the harpoon out and was perfectly fine.

I woke up laughing. So what is your weirdest dream ever?

Sep 18, 2007 at 5:12 AM Post #2 of 20
I can remember at least two very vivid dreams where I had sex with my mother.
That tends to take a couple days for all body parts to go back to functioning normally.

Sep 18, 2007 at 5:23 AM Post #3 of 20
all of my dreams (or most of them, at lest) are weird. and the oddest thing about dreams is that they only seem bizarre afterwards - once you are awake - but not during the dream itself. during the dream itself, everything is accepted as true, normal, plausible.

Sep 18, 2007 at 5:27 AM Post #4 of 20
i've woken up two or three times yelling "ONE!!!" a la marching band

as for a weird dream...
last year i had dreams of the year before...they'd be pretty ordinary days
shrug

Sep 18, 2007 at 5:49 AM Post #5 of 20
I love waking up laughing.

My dreams have always been a bit weird, but since I've been taking beta blockers for high blood pressure (25mg Atenolol) they are so vivid! I'm talking full colour high definition 7.1 dreams!

Sep 18, 2007 at 5:56 AM Post #6 of 20
Heres something strange...

I hardly ever dream any more. I can't remember my last dream, and for certain it was at least ~15-20 days ago.

I used to have dreams of my teeth falling out all the time.

Sep 18, 2007 at 5:59 AM Post #7 of 20
Posted in another forum:

I was in this very nice lodge-style resort up in Banff. I just somehow knew, like I've always known, that I was a very wealth orphan who was taking refuge at this Banff resort, along with many other randomly "selected" survivors. It was supposed to be a protected colony, since all the earth's gone wild after the huge floods; there was total anarchy outside. I've also known in that dream, that for whatever reason, judgment day was near, and we were all going to die so us orphans were just making the best out of our lives.

Somehow, this was a Catholic resort. Everybody there was catholic, but the buildings weren't Vatican or anything. Even the food was like pasta and pizza. There was this isolated building which was a huge library of books in Aramaic, Latin, Hebrew, all sorts of religious texts. There were always people chanting in Gregorian, and many other scholarly monks studying. And even more strangely, somebody who looked very much like John Paul II was sitting in a large throne at the end of the library.

It was late at night, I've already eaten my pizza, took my walk and all. I just remembered that it the sky was just stunning. It was like looking at all the constellations from an astrology book, without the actual "figures".

This spontaneous idea just came to me that before I was going to die, I wanted to convert, to receive my baptism and confess my sins. Just to take somethings off my back, so that I could define my afterlife. So I talked to this person at the throne and discussed when I could start my incantations. I just couldn't remember talking to him directly, but the next thing I knew was that I was desperately in search of a bible. The bible was my mission. I looked in the library, I looked everywhere in the resort, but I just couldn't find it. I was in despair, just because I couldn't find a bible.

I just knew the hour was lurking upon, and I was in such a panic.

Then I woke up. I was very confused. Is this just some random things my mind pieced together in my crazy dream? The things that do connect to reality is that I was at the Banff center 2 weeks ago, I was listening to Biber's Rosary Sonatas (violin sonatas that describe the life episodes of Jesus), I stumbled upon the official site of the Vatican that night and clicked on "John Paul II", and I was reading Stephen King's CELL which was a book about how zombies take over.

Sep 18, 2007 at 7:34 AM Post #8 of 20
Last dream I remember I was with my brother and this kid covered in blood appears out of no where. He makes us follow him to his house where his whole family is stabbed to death, blood and guts everywhere. Some how we are framed for the killings and all these random people come after us for revenge.

We are transported to the shopping center with cleavers in each hand. One side of the shopping center is packed with hundreds of these psychotic people thirsting for our blood. They all rush at us and we begin slicing and dicing. There is no end to them they just keep coming no matter how many we kill. We are overcome by them and we both die.

I wake up and say to myself "What the screw!?". I think i've been playing to much video games or something.

Sep 18, 2007 at 9:23 AM Post #9 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I used to have dreams of my teeth falling out all the time.

That is the most common dream people have and it is symbolic in most cases. look it up to find more about this.

I had a weird terrible dream some days back that i was in the middle of an earthquake , scared the crap out of me when i woke up
frown.gif

Sep 18, 2007 at 9:30 AM Post #10 of 20
Dreamt that my cars transmission went out. ;-( What a nightmare!

Sep 18, 2007 at 3:34 PM Post #11 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dual /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Last dream I remember I was with my brother and this kid covered in blood appears out of no where. He makes us follow him to his house where his whole family is stabbed to death, blood and guts everywhere. Some how we are framed for the killings and all these random people come after us for revenge.

We are transported to the shopping center with cleavers in each hand. One side of the shopping center is packed with hundreds of these psychotic people thirsting for our blood. They all rush at us and we begin slicing and dicing. There is no end to them they just keep coming no matter how many we kill. We are overcome by them and we both die.

I wake up and say to myself "What the screw!?". I think i've been playing to much video games or something.

Crazy. Ive never died in a dream. Ive been shot at, fallen from high places, but never died. Why is it, whenever i dream and a) either running from evil or harm or b) fighting someone i am either too slow or too weak to hurt them. While in the dream im routing myself on and knowing i can inflict real pain, but never happens.

Sep 18, 2007 at 3:53 PM Post #12 of 20
I have some that will bar none, but they might have negative mental side effects on people.

Sep 18, 2007 at 4:07 PM Post #13 of 20
In my dreams I'm always running away from everything, I often fall down from high places which makes me wake up. Sometimes people are yelling at me very loudly.

Yesterday I played some UT2004 Invasion, me against hundreds of monsters, I played it for hours! At first I was running away from them, but eventually I started hunting them instead of the opposite. Then I went to bed and dreamt I was running towards people and started hitting them, then I ended up in prison.

Sep 18, 2007 at 4:24 PM Post #14 of 20
The only running away dream I had, I was running away from... flying dead babies.

You thought that was messed up? Its messed-upness pales in comparison to what came next.

Sep 18, 2007 at 5:24 PM Post #15 of 20
I had a dream last night, I think, where a bunch of snakes kept showing up trying to bite me, it was weird, the only went towards me. I also had a dream where my grandpa saw a car get stolen while everyone else was inside whatever the building was, and when we came back out he took the car he was in and decided to chase down the car thief.

Does anyone else have dreams that follow one plot, so to speak, but the characters change? Like one second you'll be talking to one person, then the next you're doing what you talked about, but with someone completely different who knows the exact conversation because they were the other person a second ago? That happens to me all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back