'Wicked' The Musical, On Tour -- Worth The Watch With Family?
Aug 4, 2005 at 12:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

bLue_oNioN

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello,

Ever since going off to college, I've found myself missing family more and more. It's hard to transition from seeing family everyday to seeing them twice a year. Next week, they will be flying seven thousand miles across the pond to meet me, and I'd like to make the week especially memorable for my 10-year-old sister.

After listening to the soundtrack, I am seriously considering purchasing tickets for the Broadway musical, Wicked.

Before I make that decision, however, I'd like to make sure it's worth the money/time, and that a 10-year-old can walk away with some sort of meaningful lesson or insight.

I'm also wondering what the practical differences are between the three types of seats (Orchestra/Loge, Mezzanine, Balcony) as the price rises considerably once multiple tickets are purchased.

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it very much!

Aug 4, 2005 at 10:11 PM Post #3 of 14
I haven't seen it, but everything I've heard suggests that yes, it's worth going to. It's a great production, and an interesting take on the story. If they were coming anywhere near me I'd totally go, and am contemplating going to phoenix to see it when it gets there...

Aug 5, 2005 at 2:26 AM Post #4 of 14
Thank you very much, grawk, for your reply. I will give the musical a try and let you know what I thought about it.

Any idea which sort of seats I should purchase?

P.S. Given the interest in music here at Head-Fi, I'm surprised the response has been so lackluster =/

Are Broadway musicals not the "in"-thing anymore?
tongue.gif

Aug 5, 2005 at 2:47 AM Post #5 of 14
It is a very good musical and I would highly recommend it... and it is certainly family safe... one of the only decent shows out right now.

I love Broadway shows... just so many of them currently are pretty mediocre at best and most are pretty dirty as well.

Aug 5, 2005 at 1:54 PM Post #6 of 14
I will be seeing it here in chicago october 15th i believe, whatever that saturday is. The music is great and have no doubt that the actual performance itself should be fantastic. Another consideration might be the lion king, which i've heard was also amazing. Can't go wrong with wicked though

Aug 5, 2005 at 2:01 PM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by recstar24
Another consideration might be the lion king, which i've heard was also amazing.

It certianly is and I would have to highly recommend it as well... along with Beauty and the Beast... the stage set and props are amazeing!

Aug 5, 2005 at 9:51 PM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by recstar24
I will be seeing it here in chicago october 15th i believe, whatever that saturday is. The music is great and have no doubt that the actual performance itself should be fantastic. Another consideration might be the lion king, which i've heard was also amazing. Can't go wrong with wicked though

What type of seats do you have reserved? The three tiers are confusing me; I've never purchased theatre tickets of my own before.

Aug 6, 2005 at 10:43 PM Post #9 of 14
I'd go, and if idina menzel and Kristen Chennoweth were still with the cast (don't know if they've changed the cast on it), I'd probably go twice.

Aug 7, 2005 at 3:35 PM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by bLue_oNioN
What type of seats do you have reserved? The three tiers are confusing me; I've never purchased theatre tickets of my own before.

Try going with Orchestra or Front Mezzanine... Especially somewhere along the center.
Don't get corner seats.... you'll be missing parts of the show.

Aug 8, 2005 at 2:51 AM Post #14 of 14
It is wonderful! I saw it in Chicago in March. It will definitely be a night to remember for your entire family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back