Wich one first? Shure SE530 or Practical Devices XM4
Oct 19, 2008 at 11:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Mello Jello

New Head-Fier
Hi there,

First post! Yihaa!

I'm looking for your expertise.

I got a limited budget and would like to know wich one will give me the best experience until I get the other part later in the year.

Currently using a iPOD Nano 4th gen with a pair of Shure SLC3. Will I have a better sounding quality/experience? Buying a XM4 Amp first to use with my SLC3, or should I buy a pair of SE530 first connected directly in my nano (no external amp)?

I just want to have the best compromise until I can unite the SE530 phones and the XM4 amp.

I will make my move in a day or two. I can't wait anymore.
wink.gif

Thanks in advance to all the people in the forum who can't live without sounds and music!

Oct 20, 2008 at 12:48 AM Post #3 of 7
Amp is nice, but money should best be spent on better headphone first, than the source, follow by the amp.

Oct 20, 2008 at 4:23 AM Post #4 of 7
SE530 1st, that will make the most improvement .

I have 2 portable amps and 2 home amps. The Se530 sounds wonderful with all these amps.

But the SE530 still sounds awfully good straight from my Itouch, 160gb Classic and Ibiza Rhapsody.

Argh, do I really own all this stuff?
Curse you, head-fi.

Oct 20, 2008 at 1:26 PM Post #6 of 7
Good call, I would have also recommended the 530s first.
IME the se530s sound awfully good from the portable players in the first place, though the amp tends to clean it up a bit, offers a bit more slam, more sparkle, and very smooth mids in comparison to the unamped being.

Dave

Oct 21, 2008 at 2:14 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mello Jello /img/forum/go_quote.gif
... Thank you guys!

Looks like it's obvious. I will order the SE530 today.
smily_headphones1.gif

Btw, I don't know if you guys know but earphonesolutions is having a 25% coupon code until october 31st (if I can recall correctly). With 25% off, the SE530 is not so bad considering it's a authorized SHURE dealer.
tongue_smile.gif

25% off coupon code is "sadjack". Hope it help you get what you really want.
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back