Wi Fi interference on phone with Fiio Q1 Mk2
Apr 7, 2018 at 12:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

DonCarr

Head-Fier
I am using a FiiO Q1 mk 2 velcroed to the back of my iPhone. If I have wi fi switched on I am plagued by static and buzzing . I have to move the device a good 3/4 inches away to steer clear of it . Is there any material ( maybe foil or something) that could sit between the two ? To shield the amp ? I have not stacked devices before , it doesn’t surprise me that it picks up the interference but I thought it was designed to be isolated from it ? Any ideas would be appreciated! Thanks !

Apr 7, 2018 at 12:27 PM Post #3 of 6
^ Only way to cure it in my experience is to fully separate the two by using either Bluetooth receiver or Chromecast

Ahh thank you for the reply ! I thought as much to be honest , it’s a bit frustrating as I use the WI FI to stream my source lol. Luckily I have some Velcro left so I might try and find something to act as a block between them that’s not too cumbersome .
So I can lumber around a giant portable brick

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2018 at 12:37 PM Post #4 of 6
Ok in case anyone else experiences this , I’ve just found some shiny paper card , placed it between the amp and phone and it cuts it right out ! It’s like craft card with a reflective side . I’ve tested it plenty of times now , as soon as I remove the card the noise comes back.

Apr 9, 2018 at 10:03 AM Post #5 of 6
I have never ever had any wifi interference before. Well I get tons of interference with 3g/4g cell reception but none with wifi.

Apr 9, 2018 at 9:42 PM Post #6 of 6
I have never ever had any wifi interference before. Well I get tons of interference with 3g/4g cell reception but none with wifi.

It’s strange when out into airplane mode the noise was continuing . The moment the wifi was disconnected via the toggle in the control centre the noise would immediately stop . This was the case on two different iPhone models for me , an SE and an 8. Fortunately the reflective card has completely solved the problem for me though .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back