1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Wi Fi interference on phone with Fiio Q1 Mk2

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by DonCarr, Apr 7, 2018.
  1. DonCarr
    I am using a FiiO Q1 mk 2 velcroed to the back of my iPhone. If I have wi fi switched on I am plagued by static and buzzing . I have to move the device a good 3/4 inches away to steer clear of it . Is there any material ( maybe foil or something) that could sit between the two ? To shield the amp ? I have not stacked devices before , it doesn’t surprise me that it picks up the interference but I thought it was designed to be isolated from it ? Any ideas would be appreciated! Thanks !

2. theveterans
    ^ Only way to cure it in my experience is to fully separate the two by using either Bluetooth receiver or Chromecast

DonCarr likes this.
  3. DonCarr

Ahh thank you for the reply ! I thought as much to be honest , it’s a bit frustrating as I use the WI FI to stream my source lol. Luckily I have some Velcro left so I might try and find something to act as a block between them that’s not too cumbersome .
    So I can lumber around a giant portable brick

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
  4. DonCarr
    Ok in case anyone else experiences this , I’ve just found some shiny paper card , placed it between the amp and phone and it cuts it right out ! It’s like craft card with a reflective side . I’ve tested it plenty of times now , as soon as I remove the card the noise comes back.

theveterans likes this.
  5. turkayguner
    I have never ever had any wifi interference before. Well I get tons of interference with 3g/4g cell reception but none with wifi.

6. DonCarr
    It’s strange when out into airplane mode the noise was continuing . The moment the wifi was disconnected via the toggle in the control centre the noise would immediately stop . This was the case on two different iPhone models for me , an SE and an 8. Fortunately the reflective card has completely solved the problem for me though .