Why you don't need a 32 Bit DAC on your Phone
Jan 20, 2016 at 12:29 AM Post #2 of 5
It's just marketing. Nothing to do with "need". If they are taking the care to manufacture better audio quality for people who have, say, expensive IEMs, where a lower noise floor and better resolution might be noticed, fair enough. The marketing is pretty terrible though. 

Jan 20, 2016 at 9:40 AM Post #3 of 5
Maybe a 32 bit dac isn't "required" but once I got the v10, I appreciate the more powerful amp that can drive my 250 ohm Fischers much better than the  HTC m9 I had previously which was supposed to have a very good amp already.

Jan 24, 2016 at 3:07 PM Post #4 of 5
Agree with both responses. The article took a long path to explain a few differences. The item that the article seems to missed is that high end phones need features to justify asking for more than $600.Camera MP is one way, maybe LG has opened the door for manufacturers to sell people on the music side.
LG should exploit this by expanding the music app features and also marketing this better in the USA

Jan 24, 2016 at 7:38 PM Post #5 of 5
There is an app on the Xda-developers forums that hacks the v10 so that the Hi fi Dac / amp is used all the time, not just in the LG music app.

it lets me use power amp and other players with the better amp dac enabled which makes it awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back