Why would those with HE-6 prefer speaker amps?
Sep 16, 2014 at 12:05 PM Post #91 of 95
I haven't argued it either way. And the guy still has to answer the question if he wants anyone to pay attention to him. You do too, by the way.

The default is to lack the belief that speaker amps improve sound quality. If one wishes to say otherwise, they are saddled with the burden of proof, IE, you. There are an infinite number of claims people can make about anything in life. Unless the person presenting the idea has some sort of evidence, we do not have any reason to believe it. If I had to disprove every piece of nonsense that's ever been thrown my way, I would have no time to live my life, it would be consumed by refuting a handful of claims.

It's the classical religious talking point: Can YOU prove to me there isn't a god? No, but until evidence is brought forth I have no reason to believe god exists. If I had to "maybe believe" in a god because somebody says I have yet to disprove it, I will be left believing in every single possible god. In the case of speaker amps however, we already have some level of evidence. You can calculate the power requirements of a headphone. It's basic math with basic principles.

This is the type of tactic people without sufficient evidence tend to use. I've noticed it again and again.
As much as you might take my post as an attack on you, I actually have no wish to debate you. Only dropping my two cents and bowing out.
"I'm trying to figure out why those that own HE-6 is prefering speaker amps."

That was the OP's question. Frankly, most of those owning the HE-6 won't come here because of the nonsense. The science templars haven't had the headphone or experience but want to wave the science flag at anyone trying to answer. Derailing the thread.

Save the children.........

If I were to go to HE-6 appreciation thread and trash anybody that talks about wonder cables and amps, I don't expect any positive responses. If anything, maybe you guys get your own section and we get our own little spot where we get to shove science down everybody's throats? Because if amp-believers (for a lack of a better word) get to come in here to voice their negative opinions, surely we should be allowed to return the favor in their threads? Oh wait, that'd get me banned.

I'm a little salty when people come in here only to voice their disagreement, because I make sure I don't do the same to the rest of Headfi.

Sep 16, 2014 at 2:22 PM Post #92 of 95
I find it gratifying that things have evolved from: "you'll blow up your HPs/ears! Are you nuts!" To trying to find scientific reasons for the use of speaker amps.

There is no chance an agreement will ever be reached between the debate participants as one camp values numbers/graphs and the other swears by personal experience while listening (I reside in this neighborhood)...imagined or not...but it's fun reading the verbal fencing.

For those who refuse to, at least, try it: is there a fear that you may like it? Considering the amount of safe and positive experiences documented in various threads it may be worth a try.

Sep 16, 2014 at 2:46 PM Post #93 of 95
I find it gratifying that things have evolved from: "you'll blow up your HPs/ears! Are you nuts!" To trying to find scientific reasons for the use of speaker amps.

YOU'LL BLOW UP UR HP AND EARS! ARE YOU NUTS??? 
mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back