Why would people buy music from an online store????
May 30, 2013 at 4:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

ssha07

New Head-Fier
Hi guys,

i'm always wondering why would people buy music from iTunes, Amazon, eBay, etc. when they could simply download it for free or maybe buy the CDs instead of digital music..

This issue forced me to make a research about the motivation of those people and if you one of them, you could give me your opinion by participating in my research by simply click this survey below:
https://qtrial.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_0DpsGNpnWNAclBb

thanks!

May 30, 2013 at 9:26 PM Post #2 of 11
When you say download for free, are you saying pirate the music or actual free music?

Are you planning to only survey people at head-fi or other places.  If the former, the people here are not representative of the general music buyer and you would be including sampling bias into your results.

May 30, 2013 at 9:30 PM Post #3 of 11
If you buy the CD, you get higher quality for the same price. Downloading CD quality music costs more online.

I'm sure most do it for convenience.

May 30, 2013 at 9:41 PM Post #4 of 11
hi ssha07,
please recommend me a almost-all-in-one website like itune to have free download musics that quality is at least as good as AAC or Flac and I will switch.

Buying Cd are just more expensive than Itunes store and u have to buy the whole CD instead of buying just a single song.

Johny

May 31, 2013 at 1:50 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

I would thought AAC is at least better than 320K MP3 if not better than FLAC but at least almost identical to it

only one way to find out and that is to ABX it for yourself. I did this for myself and there is no difference between flac and 320 mp3 based on my results. As well, there was no difference between 128 and 320 also from same test.

Quote:
hi ssha07,
please recommend me a almost-all-in-one website like itune to have free download musics that quality is at least as good as AAC or Flac and I will switch.

Buying Cd are just more expensive than Itunes store and u have to buy the whole CD instead of buying just a single song.

Johny

I might be old school but I find value in CDs when they're on hand for the artist to sign. Not to mention a thousand item collection is quite the sight

May 31, 2013 at 4:25 AM Post #7 of 11
i'm planning to also research other places :) since it is quite hard to find people buy music from an online store, my friend told me to make a thread in head-fi forum.. so, that's about it :)

May 31, 2013 at 4:35 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:
hi ssha07,

Johny

sorry, i dont know either :frowning2:

Yes.. i definitely agree with the price difference.. but still there is different value when you buy a CD and online music. i've never bought any online music yet and still stick with the CDs cause i think we can have high quality packaging with another features as well and we collect it in our shelf maybe :) and yeah for buying single song, i totally agree! 

thaks for your feedback anw, feel free to join the survey

May 31, 2013 at 4:35 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:
only one way to find out and that is to ABX it for yourself. I did this for myself and there is no difference between flac and 320 mp3 based on my results. As well, there was no difference between 128 and 320 also from same test.

I might be old school but I find value in CDs when they're on hand for the artist to sign. Not to mention a thousand item collection is quite the sight

there is definately difference btw 128 and 320 mp3, and also btw 320 mp3 and flac with good source and amp and headphone/earphone as far i have experienced.

but i am not too sure about aac and flac since I dunt have the better rigs anymore

May 31, 2013 at 7:02 PM Post #11 of 11

Users who are viewing this thread

Back