Why there is nobody talking about CD players and MD's?
Dec 7, 2007 at 3:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

tottiflames

100+ Head-Fier
I found that most of the threads about Ipod,Iaudio,Creative,Iriver MP3 players. There is nobody talking about Portable CD Players and MD's?

Everybody just completely forget about them?

Just curious to know how many people are still interested in these ancient stuff..
confused.gif

Dec 7, 2007 at 3:39 AM Post #2 of 36
Seems there are a few fans of the Sony MD players out there, but it seems most of the H-Fi community have moved on to... (groan)..iPods.
frown.gif

Dec 7, 2007 at 3:44 AM Post #4 of 36
eh i still have my MZRH10, still got a few mini disc around, but i was over sonic stage and that being the only way to transfer so i have what i have in terms of music which is cool because i use it in emergency sit. like today.

Dec 7, 2007 at 3:53 AM Post #5 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by GAD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One word - convenience.

GAD

And the fact that minidiscs are out of or going out of production. It is nearly impossible to find blanks in this city of almost 1 million. CD are just cumbersome.

Dec 7, 2007 at 4:31 AM Post #6 of 36
gad hit it on the head easy to carry and integrate into home auto and
office =convenience.although when i am at home i play the cd on the
hi-fi.

Dec 7, 2007 at 4:37 AM Post #7 of 36
Yeah, in big electronic stores, everybody was looking at the flashy gimmicks and empty promises of touch screen video hi-fi hi storage uber tiny MP3 players while the MZ-RH1 was sitting there by it self
frown.gif

Dec 7, 2007 at 5:45 AM Post #9 of 36
I had a Sony CD player that was the best. Traded it in for a Philips PCDP that could read a disc burned with about 10 hours worth of mp3 files on it. Didn't sound so good, especially with low-bitrate mp3 files.

But, uhm, now I carry most of my collection on my Cowon, using high-quality Ogg files. Sounds great and I have days worth of music at my fingertips.

Dec 7, 2007 at 6:02 AM Post #11 of 36
There's nothing much new to say about either format really, though I use both regularly. I often visit the MD specific user sites however...

Dec 7, 2007 at 4:36 PM Post #12 of 36
I listen to my Kenwood PCDP while layingin bed & with arecent aquisition of a pair of Sennheiser HD 497's I got through TJONUSA, I've never heard my Kenwood sound so good. I also have a Sony MZ-R55 MD player I pla to use for recording sessions. If my budget ever gets sorted out, I want a headphone amp with an optical in from my Kenwood & I expect sheer magic. That said, I have a Creative Zen 512 MB player as I don't like taking my treasured cd's on the road.

Dec 7, 2007 at 4:49 PM Post #13 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by tottiflames /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I found that most of the threads about Ipod,Iaudio,Creative,Iriver MP3 players. There is nobody talking about Portable CD Players and MD's?

Everybody just completely forget about them?

Just curious to know how many people are still interested in these ancient stuff..
confused.gif

there is talk of such units, and pcdps buried on here somewhere, search maybe!

i guess its the predominance of smaller, longer lasting units with the requirement for multiple albums and selection which makes them less discussed in the portable section.

still have their place, a very important one, especially the old classic pcdps which still sound great today.

Dec 7, 2007 at 5:37 PM Post #15 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
PCDPs are nice, but DAP hard drives are big enough to hold plenty of lossless tracks today.

Not just that, but if folks feared that the DAPs can't hold up to the great sound of a vintage PCDP...one only needs to source out a DAP with a digital out and grab hold of one of the fine dac/amp combos on the market. Folks have tons of music and ideally lossless, at their fingertips as well as being able to get stellar sound all the while still coming under in size than a vintage pcdp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back