Why the hate for the Senn HD280
Feb 5, 2009 at 1:46 PM Post #16 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by scompton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My big gripe with them is that they're fragile. Most of the plastic on my headband has broken off. Sound wise they're OK, but nothing special. But they're studio monitors and are comparable to other studio monitors that I've heard.

x2. I used to recommend them in specific instances, but not after my headband cracked despite constant gentle care. I own and like other Sennheiser products, but the build on these is substandard for the price.

Feb 5, 2009 at 4:50 PM Post #17 of 18
I think they're great at isolation and I loved them before I heard the AD700. Its just ridiculous that the AD700 can sound so much better for the same price.

But the AD700 is open and if you need a closed headphone, you wouldn't be looking at the AD700 anyway.

The sound isn't terrible but it is very dry and flat. Not as "musical" as I would like.

I can't bring myself to sell them though...

Feb 6, 2009 at 7:06 PM Post #18 of 18
same way i thought when i upgraded from 280's to A900. no comparison!
i would imagine the cheaper A700 would also be massive improvement.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rex81 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think they're great at isolation and I loved them before I heard the AD700. Its just ridiculous that the AD700 can sound so much better for the same price.

But the AD700 is open and if you need a closed headphone, you wouldn't be looking at the AD700 anyway.

The sound isn't terrible but it is very dry and flat. Not as "musical" as I would like.

I can't bring myself to sell them though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back