why SqueezeBox ?
Aug 2, 2009 at 10:32 PM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by SemiAudiophile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what noise problems are you talking about or that you have been experiencing. can you be more specific so that we can help you? are you talking about interference?

my impression was that you wanted to use your laptop as a source to play music files from a separate music server wirelessly with your amp using your triple fi. if that is the case, then just get a simple usb dac and feed it to your amp. forget about the squeezebox because it is unnecessary.

however, if you are gonna use a PDA or similar as a source then you will be using it's built-in dac unless it has digital out.

hi, semi~ yes interference is what i mean, sorry ENG is not my 1st language.

and your impression is right as the laptop part isnt really the issue here while u confirmed what i suspect.

i m bit paranoid and when using computer as source, i suppose the biggest concern is the interference and i like to find out the purist source, hence i wonder if air as medium could be the purist media therefore i start researching about squeezebox ~ i have to admit that my PDA is probably the worst DAP and a wifi iphone or iphone touch would be much better DAP than my x51v but i basically married to it as i have spent so much time with it and realize how useful it is
tongue.gif

nope it does not have digital out so i guess all the trouble vanished when playing music out of my PDA, not even MD got digital out right ? it only has digital in i think~ does any portable DAP/MP3 player has digital out built in ??

Aug 2, 2009 at 10:44 PM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by testrichard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hi, semi~ yes interference is what i mean, sorry ENG is not my 1st language.

and your impression is right as the laptop part isnt really the issue here while u confirmed what i suspect.

i m bit paranoid and when using computer as source, i suppose the biggest concern is the interference and i like to find out the purist source, hence i wonder if air as medium could be the purist media therefore i start researching about squeezebox ~ i have to admit that my PDA is probably the worst DAP and a wifi iphone or iphone touch would be much better DAP than my x51v but i basically married to it as i have spent so much time with it and realize how useful it is
tongue.gif

nope it does not have digital out so i guess all the trouble vanished when playing music out of my PDA, not even MD got digital out right ? it only has digital in i think~ does any portable DAP/MP3 player has digital out built in ??

i haven't had any noise or interference problems whatsoever. as long as you have decent quality built components and use decent shielded cables there shouldn't be a problem.

if achieving better sound quality is what you want, do a little research on how to attain bit-perfect playback using a computer as a source and look into some quality dacs.

the only portable player i know that has digital out are some of the iriver models. there is also the HiFiMan...and you can look into getting a iMod.

Aug 3, 2009 at 9:13 PM Post #19 of 21
Why would you use a DAP for home audio system? :-/ Limited storage, crappy internal DAC, no digital out, no remote control, have to connect it up and disconnect it all the time, no large display.

Aug 4, 2009 at 8:25 AM Post #20 of 21
actually the most ideal set up is in fact the original set up.

my previous idea is because i have ten Extra large 2300mah x51v battery (thats more than 30 hours and i can just docked battery for recharge)~ hence as long as i use wifi with it and connected to my NAS via wifi ~ storage is never going to be a issue, not even the battery ! so music, internet , movies ~ you name it.

this will be the future trend, but problem is until some one come out with a decent portable wifi DAP ~ its only a dream, iphone or i touch can do it but then the battery is issue~ and non provides good quality output as traditional hifi set up.

Aug 4, 2009 at 8:33 AM Post #21 of 21
imagine some one or slimdevice design a decent wireless protable DAP, aim for people enjoy the freedom just like you but not interest in the troble setting up a full hifi system !

just want a decent in-built DAC and able to connect to the NAS, memory is not really big issue, and make it 2 product line , one can swap battery , one cant ~ its as simple as it is ! Good DAC in built and bang, with good earphone~ u r good to go, moving around the house doing cleanning , cooking in kitchen~ switching between office and living room, not bothering other family member while still enjoy your own music, in fact the whole houses share the music collection ~ its a dream
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back