why so ugly?
Dec 20, 2011 at 7:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 134

hamoor

Head-Fier
if there is thing that ive noticed in most (most, not all of them) high-end headphones have very ugly design or made out of cheap materials!
yeah yeah the actual sq is what is most important but why we cant  get a nice beautiful design for our expensive headphones?
why the cheap materials? (or at least cheap looking) if there is something that dr dre done best with his line of headphones is the unbeatable, sexy design of his headphones!
even if they are not the best, they give you a since of luxury for a supposedly a high quality headphone.

imagine if you knew nothing about headphones and you saw this abomination:
http://cdn.head-fi.org/b/b7/b7fb6b9d_lcd2-1.jpg
would you even think about buying it even for $50?

i mean when you look at this and now take a look at EDIT (http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31SPUoYmeiL._SL500_AA300_.jpg) !!
were they blind when they design those things??

again! yes the sound quality is the most important but why we cant have a sexy designs and better materials for those headphones???
look at high-end laptops, smartphones etc. they always tend to have a sleek design to represent their value between the rest.
the vaio z, macbooks and iphones are all examples of high quality products AND have a great design and built with solid materials.

why cant we have the same??? why our headphones are uglier than the "over-hyped" beats, bose, skullcandy etc.???

now i love the amazing sound quality of those headphones and it is night and day over beats.bose etc, but the designs...
it just something that bothered me and i wanted to let it out!

Dec 20, 2011 at 7:49 PM Post #3 of 134

Quote:
i dont think you hold the lcd-2 in ur own hand before ,  if you do , u will feel how its far from being or feel cheap , its piece of art in my own opinion , 

beauty is subjective, but i fail to see how is anything near to good looking let alone a piece of art.
what with those ugly patterns? and wood?? seriously!

Dec 20, 2011 at 7:56 PM Post #5 of 134
Exactly, beauty is subjective. I think that Beats look like absolute crap, while most 'audiophile' headphones look much better, especially in person. In person, Beats are mostly covered in finger prints and smudges and the plastic they are made of just looks cheap and fake.

Dec 20, 2011 at 7:59 PM Post #8 of 134
Dude, wood's classy as hell and I love the look of my Grado RS1i's.

Plasticy headphones like beats and skullcandy look like cheap toys to me.  Maybe the inference on the company's part is that people who can afford these cans aren't aesthetically bankrupt teenagers?

Alternative, less pouty post: Ultrasone Edition 8's - style, functionality, and quality, but with a premium on the price for each.

Dec 20, 2011 at 8:01 PM Post #12 of 134

Quote:
Exactly, beauty is subjective. I think that Beats look like absolute crap, while most 'audiophile' headphones look much better, especially in person. In person, Beats are mostly covered in finger prints and smudges and the plastic they are made of just looks cheap and fake.

i cant argue with the subjective thing and i am no designer, but try asking any non-audiophile about which looks better and am sure majority will say the beats
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back