why oh why Werther DVX did you want the phones I! want
Oct 22, 2007 at 1:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

utilisateur

100+ Head-Fier
I just missed these beauties
5caa_1.JPG
on here

Had i read that Werther DVX was the other bidder ...
blink.gif

thread title not meant to be serious ofc, i hope you do give them a listen though

Sorry for pushing it so high

Dont forget to post your impressions
biggrin.gif

Oct 22, 2007 at 2:19 PM Post #2 of 14
I was bidding too, but set myself a sane limit, once I saw that Werther DVX was bidding I knew that any effort was simply futile.

Oct 22, 2007 at 3:12 PM Post #4 of 14
Please forgive my noob-ness. I also can't read German, and have no clue what these prices translate too in US$$. But He seems to bid on more of the lower-end (by head-fi standards) vintage cans.

http://feedback.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2

What makes you guys think he'd be so easy to outbid? I don't see an HP1000, HE90, or uber-$$$$ Stax in his recent win column. Is he a head-fier?

Oct 22, 2007 at 3:15 PM Post #5 of 14
He is starting a headphone museum I guess. Check his profile
biggrin.gif

Oct 22, 2007 at 7:39 PM Post #6 of 14
Wow, Kramer, how did you miss wmcmanus' "My headphone collection is nothing, and I mean nothing!" thread? You can't outbid WertherDVX when he really wants something. But utilisateur will be disappointed on the review, Werther hardly listens to any of his headphones. Mostly they're being gathered for museum purposes only. However, once the museum finally goes online, we'll all have a much clearer idea of the history of headphone design.

ps, but hey, everybody, once Werther has something, you know he'll never bid again. And his oft-protested policy of not reviewing anything at least means he isn't driving any prices up-- except for the price of one exemplar of every dynamic headphone known to man, or at least the top of every line.

Oct 22, 2007 at 10:36 PM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please forgive my noob-ness. I also can't read German, and have no clue what these prices translate too in US$$. But He seems to bid on more of the lower-end (by head-fi standards) vintage cans.

http://feedback.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2

What makes you guys think he'd be so easy to outbid? I don't see an HP1000, HE90, or uber-$$$$ Stax in his recent win column. Is he a head-fier?

He is collecting headphones. All of them.

Once he decides he wants to win an auction, you might as well just give up.

Oct 23, 2007 at 12:15 AM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by facelvega /img/forum/go_quote.gif
but hey, everybody, once Werther has something, you know he'll never bid again. And his oft-protested policy of not reviewing anything at least means he isn't driving any prices up-- except for the price of one exemplar of every dynamic headphone known to man, or at least the top of every line.

That depends. He bought at least three Pioneer SE-700's last year.

Oct 23, 2007 at 12:58 AM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe 2 were broken?

Or just not up to his visual standards.

I only know this because i was trying to buy a pair at the time, and after he outbid me by a wide margin on a pair i checked his last-90-days feedback and saw two more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back