Why no love for the AT-HA25D?
May 7, 2009 at 12:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Jingo Lingo

100+ Head-Fier
It has a built in DAC via optical in and is quite reasonably priced. Any reason why there isn't more uses of this amp here, especially those in the Audio-Technica camp? The reason that I ask is that I have a pair of W5000's on the way and this seems like a nice looking solid state amp for the job.

Audio-Technica AT-HA25D Headphone Amp

May 23, 2009 at 3:33 AM Post #4 of 19
I've really no idea why no one seems to own one of these. Might have to take one for the team and post my impressions. Hopefully it will gel well with the W5000's and W10VTG's when they arrive.

May 23, 2009 at 5:28 AM Post #5 of 19
I have this amplifier.
It is not popular among the mania in Japan though is famous.
It might be painful anywhere ..sales...

Fixed price 25000 yen in Japan.
The actual sales price is from 14600 yen.

In the review of Japan, there are a lot of people who recommend imports that are higher than this model.

May 23, 2009 at 6:26 AM Post #7 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by T.IIZUKA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have this amplifier.
It is not popular among the mania in Japan though is famous.
It might be painful anywhere ..sales...

Fixed price 25000 yen in Japan.
The actual sales price is from 14600 yen.

In the review of Japan, there are a lot of people who recommend imports that are higher than this model.

Thanks for chiming in. Could you give us your opinion of the amplifier? Also what "imports" are recommended over it? Thanks.

May 23, 2009 at 6:39 AM Post #8 of 19
This is Solid State (not OPAMP) amp.
AT-HA25D=AT-HA20+192kHz/24bit D/A Converter.
Input (1x Analog RCA stereo, 1x Optical toslink)
Output (1x Phones, 1x Analog RCA stereo, 1x Thru Optical toslink)
Output Power 100mW+100mW(32Ω,T.H.D 5%)

It is a current state in Japan in DAC that there are a lot of people who request USB connection product. (For instance, such a product ONKYO U55X,Dr.DAC,CARAT-Peridot&Ruby...)

The sound is clear, and compatibility with the Audio-Technica product (ATH-A,ATH-AD) is excellent.
smily_headphones1.gif

I was not anxious though there was a person that the white noise was anxious, too.
It is an aluminum case and suitable good !
However, an upper panel thinks that it is a failure that saw of the inside with the acrylic fiber. (Blue LED shines)

May 23, 2009 at 7:02 AM Post #9 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jingo Lingo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for chiming in. Could you give us your opinion of the amplifier? Also what "imports" are recommended over it? Thanks.

I'm sorry for interrupting.
Interrupt is not understood well, and I am sorry.

I think that I use it easily because it is not with built-in the power supply.
It is AC adaptor type.
(AC100V/DC12V 500mA)

To our regret, the volume knob is made of plastic.

How much does it become when importing it though it is cheap if it is a price of Japan?
It is this price in Japan.
JPY14,890

May 23, 2009 at 7:17 AM Post #10 of 19
Thanks again for the information. 14,890 JPY comes to about $160 USD, which is significantly cheaper than buying from Audiocubes. It doesn't seem to have been reviewed well anywhere... Perhaps I'll give it a miss.

May 23, 2009 at 7:20 AM Post #11 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jingo Lingo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks again for the information. 14,890 JPY comes to about $160 USD, which is significantly cheaper than buying from Audiocubes. It doesn't seem to have been reviewed well anywhere... Perhaps I'll give it a miss.

The photograph was published and refer, please.

Oct 17, 2010 at 12:25 PM Post #13 of 19
Could anyone who has this amp answer a couple quick questions for me?

1. When you have something connected to the analog outputs (say, a pair of powered speakers), will the volume knob on the front of the unit change the volume of the output (e.g can I control the speaker volume with the knob on the AT-HA25D)?

2. When headphones are plugged into the unit, does it mute the analog outputs?

Thanks!

Oct 19, 2010 at 10:53 PM Post #15 of 19

Quote:
Could anyone who has this amp answer a couple quick questions for me?

1. When you have something connected to the analog outputs (say, a pair of powered speakers), will the volume knob on the front of the unit change the volume of the output (e.g can I control the speaker volume with the knob on the AT-HA25D)?

2. When headphones are plugged into the unit, does it mute the analog outputs?

Thanks!

A1. Does not work with line-out.
A2. Mute does not.

Japanese-text Only 
http://www.audio-technica.co.jp/products/dj-plus/at-ha25d.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back