Why no Bass for Vsonic GR06?
Sep 1, 2012 at 4:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

miyamoto

New Head-Fier
Hello guys,

Since my Klipsch S4i started to be sick, i bought a new Vsonic GR06 after reading in this forum that it was an amazing head phone from an authorised seller in Singapore and it got here yesterday. I removed the default ear bud which came with it and changed to the double flange and also tried a violet colored(big one) and a plasticky one(which adjusts to the shape). The sounds are good, clear and more dynamic than Klipsch. However the Bass is almost not there. Its like its very distant and the feeling of bass is not there when you feel something coming to the eardrums. Is ti because fo the ear tips or the GR06 has no bass? I am making a comparison to the S4i i had before.

Thanks for the views.

Sep 1, 2012 at 11:57 AM Post #2 of 4
It is either (less likely) you didn't get the fit right, or (more likely) you are just too used to the heavily boosted bass on the S4.

Sep 1, 2012 at 5:21 PM Post #3 of 4
Personally I don't hear the GR06's bass as distant or lacking. I'm quite aware that my perspective may be biased or skewed by a limited pool of things to compare to... but nevertheless, find them fairly convincing in the lower registers. If anything, I find them a little bloated and unruly at times.

Unfortunately my only other current point of reference is a 4 way CIEM with 3 bass drivers per ear (one of which is a sub bass driver), which may put my experience of the GR06 into perspective. I'm not as absolute as a bass head but certainly can't tolerate lean signatures. In light of that I'd say that I find it to be primarily a mid-centric phone, with nice a mid bass boost.

Perhaps your perceptions may change once you've had a chance to adjust to the difference in signature? Failing that I'd be looking at ear tips / seal. You've got plenty of eartip options with the vsonic package to experiment with. Good luck and enjoy.

Sep 3, 2012 at 3:23 PM Post #4 of 4
Hello Guys,

Thanks for the info. I found the green one the most fitting and with a music player with equaliser it sounds better. Waiting for GR 02 just for a comparison.

BR

Users who are viewing this thread

Back