Why Kanye West = God?
Mar 11, 2011 at 8:45 PM Post #259 of 378

Quote:
IMHO Kanye West Is an ego-maniac with limited talent who in 2 years will be gone from the Music scene. You'll be able to buy his CDs on Amazon for a penny. agaian MO.

Listen to Devil in a New Dress and then tell me he has "limited" talent.

Mar 11, 2011 at 9:37 PM Post #260 of 378
Why would he be gone? There's no indication that he is declining considering the success each album has brought to him. If you mean dead by gone, then yea that's a possibility. I dont think Kanye would all of a sudden decide to start making music that people dont want to listen to...

Mar 11, 2011 at 9:43 PM Post #261 of 378

Quote:
Why would he be gone? There's no indication that he is declining considering the success each album has brought to him. If you mean dead by gone, then yea that's a possibility. I dont think Kanye would all of a sudden decide to start making music that people dont want to listen to...

A true musician just makes music that pleases himself without worrying about others and I think Kanye kinda does that... sort of.

Mar 13, 2011 at 11:39 AM Post #265 of 378

Mar 13, 2011 at 2:18 PM Post #266 of 378
That's incredible. I didn't know he produced so many songs based on old recordings. That explains the musicality I sensed in so many of his songs. That is after all how a lot of hip-hop was originally created; they call it "sampling". But how he took so many parts, put them together and made them flow amazes me. 

I think that's kind of what sets him apart too and sort of makes him a 3 dimensional hip hop artist. He adds different flavors and genre of music into his tracks, mixes it together, and makes them flow. And the fact that he does it well. Compared to other hip hop artist that follows the traditional method and only good at doing 1 or 2 things. Some only knowing how to make a good beat while others only good at making it flow. 

The fact that he's a producer/rapper is an advantage. He has more creativity than other (most) rappers. 

Mar 13, 2011 at 6:42 PM Post #267 of 378
Yes, that's very true.

His is very good at making flows....but i miss that somehow in MBDTF.

IMO, "Spaceship" is a good example for this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzsHCEDd47k&playnext=1&list=PL93B6CCDAFE6B7D98

But now hearing from where he has got his inspiration, makes me (finally) aware of.....i don't really know what it makes me aware of.
But it's very nice to know. 

Mar 14, 2011 at 2:43 PM Post #269 of 378

+1 to Spaceship
Quote:
That's incredible. I didn't know he produced so many songs based on old recordings. That explains the musicality I sensed in so many of his songs. That is after all how a lot of hip-hop was originally created; they call it "sampling". But how he took so many parts, put them together and made them flow amazes me. 

I think that's kind of what sets him apart too and sort of makes him a 3 dimensional hip hop artist. He adds different flavors and genre of music into his tracks, mixes it together, and makes them flow. And the fact that he does it well. Compared to other hip hop artist that follows the traditional method and only good at doing 1 or 2 things. Some only knowing how to make a good beat while others only good at making it flow. 

The fact that he's a producer/rapper is an advantage. He has more creativity than other (most) rappers. 

In fact I dont even think he's a great rapper or producer. I dont think he would get too far as a pure emcee or even producer. But when he composes both of these elements, it sounds pretty sweet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back