Why isn't anyone giving me headphones in my price range?
Dec 13, 2014 at 12:58 AM Post #16 of 18
There aren't many options really between $300 and $1000 in the grand scheme of things

There are many, many headphones between $300 and $1,000...but it looks like the budget for this thread is "~$400". Not sure if that means it can go up to $450 or not.

Wow thanks a lot for doing all that digging and research. I actually haven't considered the JVC's yet.

The JVCs are rated #1 in this "best bass headphones" thread.

Dec 13, 2014 at 1:07 AM Post #17 of 18
Okay guys so after reading billybob_jcv comment about why I crossed off some popular headphones recommended to me I went through each one and listed my reasons. I then came across the Mad Dog Pro's that I had myopically struck because someone said they were hard/expensive to drive. After doing my research it seems that you can drive them pretty well out of a  Fii0 E12  which is perfect for my slightly portable requirement. So again after doing some more research I have decided that the MDP's are perfect for me. Thanks for all the comments and keep doing what you guys do.

Dec 13, 2014 at 1:15 AM Post #18 of 18

There are many, many headphones between $300 and $1,000...but it looks like the budget for this thread is "~$400". Not sure if that means it can go up to $450 or not.

The JVCs are rated #1 in this "best bass headphones" thread.

Well I wasn't really looking for the best "bass headphones" so that is probably why I never came across it. I only said this in on of my posts but was actually looking for cans that had a much stronger and punchier bass than my current mdr-ma900. I thought that shortening that down to "geared towards bass heavy music" was simpler and more comprehensible, but I probably should have realized that saying "bass heavy" here meant a totally different thing than what I considered bassy. Anyways if you care I ended up going with the Mad Dog Pro's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back