WHY is this stuff on my iPod? Share Your Shame Too!
Oct 31, 2005 at 2:51 PM Post #47 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by Borat
Wesley Willis is the bomb.

Rest in Peace.

No doubt, for no reason at all I started singing "Rock and Roll McDonalds" in the shower the other day. He seemed like a really nice guy.

Oct 31, 2005 at 3:31 PM Post #48 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by nicknameless
We Built This CityStarship

I have all these songs on my iPod.

We Built This City was named the most awesomely bad song of all time in Blender Magazine, which was subsequently aired on VH1. I actually like Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now better. I also have some Starship on my DAP...I know, for shame...

eek.gif

Oct 31, 2005 at 8:28 PM Post #50 of 68
Does truly abysmal performance count? I have Mrs Miller murdering Downtown and Pat Boone destroying Enter Sandman on my iPod. I wish I could say that I redeemed myself by having the Metallica original on it but I don't. So there.

Feb 8, 2006 at 5:38 PM Post #51 of 68
Kelly Clarkson Album.

The entire Michelle Branch Discogography. I am closet michelle fan

Feb 8, 2006 at 5:44 PM Post #52 of 68
What a graveyard bump, hehe! I just recently decided to go for a "Playlist Only" format on my iPod, so all that cheese has been wiped! Even poor MCHammer - I guess you CAN touch that!
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 8, 2006 at 5:57 PM Post #53 of 68
Not on my DAP but on my drive - shoot, I can't even say their name without it being all *** out :p

"An_al C_unt". With a name like that I had to get it. I don't think one of their "songs" is longer than 35 seconds. They make thrash bands like DRI look like the Boston Philharmonic.

As for embarrassing, and not just terrible music, well I do have my wife's Shakira crap on the drive. UGG. My personal one is Alicia Keyes, what can I say she has one song I do like.

Feb 8, 2006 at 7:33 PM Post #55 of 68
Some Tool albums have found their way onto my Zen.

Feb 8, 2006 at 8:03 PM Post #56 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by kugino
barry manilow. there. i said it. NONE of you can top that.

I'll see your Barry Manilow (Xmas album), and I'll raise you The Sound of Music soundtrack...

Kind of freaked me out when I found it....
basshead.gif

Feb 8, 2006 at 8:17 PM Post #57 of 68
Damn Jahn, New Kids on the Block!?! LOL...
tongue.gif
Well I guess I can't say too much, I've got Hilary Duff on my iPod...
eek.gif

Really though, most of the stuff you listed is pretty good stuff.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 8, 2006 at 8:20 PM Post #58 of 68
Oh, the dangers of the AutoSynch function ... one reason why I would never use it.

I've helped a few friends with vastly different musical preferences load their players, so I have some stuff on my computer hard drive that I might not otherwise have (yeah -- that's my story and I'm sticking to it). Nothing really excruciating like "Muskrat Love," "Afternoon Delight" or "Chevy Van," but it can be jarring if something approaching that level of awfulness plays through your earphones, and especially troubling if something like that blasts out "publicly" through your hi-fi speakers if you have connected your player to your home stereo.

Does anyone have any horror stories to tell about inadvertently playing an embarrassing or thoroughly inappropriate song through a hi-fi in the presence of friends or at a party, or, perhaps even worse, when trying to romantically impress a certain someone?

Feb 8, 2006 at 11:49 PM Post #59 of 68
I'm very proud to say that I don't recognize a single song from Jahn's list, not to mention not having any on my iPod - not to mention not even having an iPod in the first place.

I guess the closest to embarassing music that I have is the FLCL soundtrack (OST3) by The Pillows, but this actually is pretty good, though poppy, rock.

I wouldn't be embarassed to have Dream Theater's "Scenes From a Memory" on my DAP, even though I do think that DT should have disbanded after "Awake" since they haven't put out a single disk worth owning since then... but that's another story.

Feb 9, 2006 at 1:26 AM Post #60 of 68
Goo Goo Dolls CDs :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back