Why is output selection ignored?
Dec 23, 2020 at 1:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

SSandDigital

100+ Head-Fier
Why is output selection an ignored feature now? I've noticed nearly all the DAC/Headphone Amp combos released recently don't have an output selection and just works by inserting headphone jack in. WHY?!?!?!? Is it really that hard for these companies to put a button where you can choose to output either headphone or line out? What's so hard about that?

For example, Schiit Magni 3 or IFI Zen Dac. Is it really that hard for either of these companies to figure out how to create output selection that doesn't involve constantly removing and inserting a headphone jack?

I can understand if this was meant to be a dedicated DAC for a media center. But these are desktop USB DAC meant to be used well with a computer system. Having a selection for pre-amp or headphone would just be 100% logical. To ignore it is to me, insanity and frankly just trolling the customer. Had to have done it on purpose to be malicious and be a dickhead troll.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2020 at 5:29 PM Post #2 of 2
My two desktop DACs have the ability to switch based on whether a headphone is plugged in or manually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back