Why is Head-fi so slow?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 2, 2015 at 7:02 PM Post #2 of 15
Can you give more information about the computer you are using? Have you tried clearing the browser cache? Have you tried different DNS settings?

Jun 2, 2015 at 10:05 PM Post #3 of 15
  Can you give more information about the computer you are using? Have you tried clearing the browser cache? Have you tried different DNS settings?

Win 7 for OS. 
If you wanted hardware info: 
3930k 2011 3.2 ghz cpu 
Asus sabertooth x79
240 gig ssd 
32gb ram 1866. 
I don't think its my "actual" computer. 

Yes I run CCleaner almost everyday. 

Oh, I usually don't mess with that stuff. So no I haven't tried different dns settings. What other settings are there? 

Jun 9, 2015 at 4:40 AM Post #6 of 15
The past fews days it has been painfully slow on my Win 8.1 phone, (lumia 930) and today it's also slow on
Win 7 64 bit Desktop - I7

Other sites I use a lot seem ok

Jun 18, 2015 at 2:58 AM Post #7 of 15
Now on my Lumia 930 with WiFi speed of 50+ it takes a minute to load each page, if at all. Its not my phone or internet

Simply not useable

Jun 18, 2015 at 9:35 AM Post #9 of 15
Mobile

Jun 19, 2015 at 3:09 AM Post #10 of 15
Mobile 8.1 had big update last night, now its worse, can load a forums main page, but if I click on any thread with more than 5 posts, the page wont load.

Jul 4, 2015 at 11:43 PM Post #13 of 15
Has the number of advertisements increased? Not only has head-fi been a lot slower than it used to be, but very recently its getting to the point where my browser is freezing completely from too many bad ads (and yes, it is definitively the ads, at least for desktop since I don't use mobile). I REALLY don't want to adblock head-fi, but it might be the only way to make it useable, short of re-setting my Google advertising ID to hopefully get less bad (as in browser killing) ads, but that would only be a temporary solution if one at all. I really don't mind the advertisements since they are out of the way, not fullscreen or video, and support head-fi, but they have been making head-fi unusable recently while other heavy sites are buttery smooth.

Jul 9, 2015 at 3:42 PM Post #14 of 15
I noticed this too. Stupid and annoying animated advertising seems to slow down loading of pages.
Sometimes the browser crashes / stops responding when swtiching between different fora. Also some error messages from Adobe.
I use Firefox and all history and cache gets automatically cleared after each session.
I run a software that shows trackers and there are like 8 trackers on head-fi - of course I blocked them all, maybe this is causing some issues as they can't do their job in spying on you...

Edit:
Here the trackers active on Head-fi :
Optimizely
Google Analytics
Google Adsense
Quantcast
Comscore
Beacon
VigLink
Lotame
Krux Digital

Sep 9, 2015 at 9:24 PM Post #15 of 15
It's crazy how slow it is.  There's another site that uses the same forum software and I notice it is slow, also.

I currently have a program that displays all sorts of ad trackers, web beacons, etc.

One page had 74 different things going on, and 1 ad agency had 42 different trackers going off..

It's pretty ridiculous, glad I got this program working, because It seems I can block all of this stuff, and for now we will have to see if it's faster, but so far seems good :)

Each page will load a different number of trackers and such, but it's normally around 15 or so for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back