Why I think that q-jays are the best IEMs in the market (warning - too muh criticism of other brands).
Nov 6, 2008 at 9:32 AM Post #46 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by _Toki_ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the latter ones have less coloured sound than q-jays, a bit close to etys.

It actually made me question how are the IEMs sounded through your ears, and what "neutrality" means to you.

I do not consider the SA6 as neutral at all, in fact I thought it is on the more coloured side, even the UEs are more neutral than SA6 to me, definitely no where as accurate as ER-4.

I am afraid the q-Jays will obsolete before the ER-4 does.
biggrin.gif
ER-4 is designed as professional stage monitor, with accuracy as prime consideration and looks conspicuous, it's been around since forever, and will continue to be for quite a while. Whereas the Jays are designed for consumer use, where things tend to get replaced quickly by new models.

Nov 6, 2008 at 10:00 AM Post #47 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Navyblue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It actually made me question how are the IEMs sounded through your ears, and what "neutrality" means to you.

I do not consider the SA6 as neutral at all, in fact I thought it is on the more coloured side, even the UEs are more neutral than SA6 to me, definitely no where as accurate as ER-4.

The SA6 is certainly colored, but IMHO the Q Jays is more colored than the SA6.

Nov 6, 2008 at 12:22 PM Post #48 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdeadfolx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, that saves me a rant.

normal_smile .gif
saves everyone a rant really, we all think he's wrong.

personally i think he owns the q-jays only and even if he's tried the others, the one he owns will always reign supreme. and i dont blame him, i tend to prefer what ive payed good money for aswell, but i dont pay the good money if im not sure about em.

maybe this is his mistake, maybe he's paid his money and is trying to convince himself they are the best, he shouldnt have put his thoughts out here tho because everyone is making him realise he hasnt got the best, something we all have to go through
devil_face.gif

Nov 6, 2008 at 2:07 PM Post #49 of 63
Quote:

I am afraid the q-Jays will obsolete before the ER-4 does.
biggrin.gif
ER-4 is designed as professional stage monitor, with accuracy as prime consideration and looks conspicuous, it's been around since forever, and will continue to be for quite a while. Whereas the Jays are designed for consumer use, where things tend to get replaced quickly by new models.

For me Etys are not neutral because I hear the music not like it sounds in live show. Not enough natural.
I don't understand how 3 reference monitoring systems (etys, shure scl5 and westone um2) claimed and aimet to be maximally neutral sound so different... there can be only 1 "neutral sound sig", right?).

Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
normal_smile .gif

personally i think he owns the q-jays only and even if he's tried the others, the one he owns will always reign supreme. and i dont blame him, i tend to prefer what ive payed good money for aswell, but i dont pay the good money if im not sure about em.

maybe this is his mistake, maybe he's paid his money and is trying to convince himself they are the best, he shouldnt have put his thoughts out here tho because everyone is making him realise he hasnt got the best, something we all have to go through
devil_face.gif

Maybe you parents told you that saying "he" about the person in his presence is a bad manner.
Your message is what makes me think that I've got a wrong place to share my opinions - they are meeting too much negative responses like this without explaination. I recommend you skipping my thread and go on with reading other threads if my personal opinion makes you having bad mouth.
And just for your curiosity - no, "he" has not only q-jays, "he" is not trying to convince himself that they are the best, "he" just expressed "his" comparative impressions. And "he" still thinks that jays are best for me not matter what you say.

Nov 6, 2008 at 2:09 PM Post #50 of 63
Quote:

normal_smile .gif

No, there are reasonable and polite people here, unlike you. Otherwise I'd have quit it already.

Nov 6, 2008 at 2:11 PM Post #51 of 63
Quote:

For me Etys are not neutral because I hear the music not like it sounds in live show. Not enough natural.
I don't understand how 3 reference monitoring systems (etys, shure scl5 and westone um2) claimed and aimet to be maximally neutral sound so different... there can be only 1 "neutral sound sig", right?).

Maybe you parents told you that saying "he" about the person in his presence is a bad manner.
Your message is what makes me think that I've got a wrong place to share my opinions - they are meeting too much negative responses like this without explaination. I recommend you skipping my thread and go on with reading other threads if my personal opinion makes you having bad mouth.
And just for your curiosity - no, "he" has not only q-jays, "he" is not trying to convince himself that they are the best, "he" just expressed "his" comparative impressions. And "he" still thinks that jays are best for me not matter what you say.

no ''he'' just means referring to a male subject when you dont know thier name. sorry if this has caused you offence
wink.gif
i dont mean to do so believe me, but your the one causing offence in reality by making the original post so selfish, like your thought is the final word on the matter. there are guys/gals on here explaining to you why they think the q-jays arent the best and you seem to be disregarding thier opinions like they dont count.

all im saying is your opinion is your opinion and the reality is the q-jays are tecnically and physically not the best on the market, sorry if this upsets you
o2smile.gif

Nov 6, 2008 at 2:26 PM Post #53 of 63
Quote:

From now on, I will start completely ignoring personal insults like that post above.
Argumented discussion of earphones is welcome if someone will be interested.

my gosh your english really is as bad as you say, because i swear i just pleaded that i dont mean to cause offence, chill out friend, were all nice guys/gals here.

again ^^^ that is a stab at you but only because your saying im offensive to you when im not. relax, i think your opinions on the q-jays are fair, but on the rest its not, simple.

in fact im going to ping out of this conversation and let you take the flaming on your own because i tend to start getting flamed also for chiming in my thoughts, i wont comment on this thread again because to be honest i dont think the thread deserves the amount of posts its getting. enjoy your q-jays friend they are indeed nice

Nov 6, 2008 at 2:26 PM Post #54 of 63
Quote:

there are guys/gals on here explaining to you why they think the q-jays arent the best and you seem to be disregarding thier opinions like they dont count.

Ok, let's get back to topic. Please point me out where I've disregarded or left unanswered someone's opinion.

Quote:

all im saying is your opinion is your opinion and the reality is the q-jays are tecnically and physically not the best on the market, sorry if this upsets you
o2smile.gif

Objectively - it could be. Or could be not. It is out of my scope of interest. But my whole topic is flooded with the word "subjective". There can be no "best IEM on the market" for everyone, even for a the short time - because people are so different. But there ARE "best iems on market" FOR ME - and I'm just explaining why its q-jays in my case.

Nov 6, 2008 at 2:33 PM Post #55 of 63
Quote:

relax, i think your opinions on the q-jays are fair, but on the rest its not, simple.

You didn't say why the rest is unfair.

Quote:

i dont think the thread deserves the amount of posts its getting. enjoy your q-jays friend they are indeed nice

I think so too. Thanks.

Nov 6, 2008 at 2:37 PM Post #56 of 63
Quote:

You didn't say why the rest is unfair.

I think so too. Thanks.

ill make this quick because i said im not posting here no more, but you deserve one more answer and its a simple one, you point out all the bad points of the phones but not the good points like you do with the q-jays, how is that fair reviewing? ok maybe you didnt intend to review them all but if your going to compare earphones, good and bad points of each is prefered with your final reason for choosing q-jays. you may just get better responses from everyone.

Nov 6, 2008 at 2:54 PM Post #57 of 63
Quote:

ill make this quick because i said im not posting here no more, but you deserve one more answer and its a simple one, you point out all the bad points of the phones but not the good points like you do with the q-jays, how is that fair reviewing? ok maybe you didnt intend to review them all but if your going to compare earphones, good and bad points of each is prefered with your final reason for choosing q-jays. you may just get better responses from everyone.

I agree, reviews which include both good and bad sides of each model would be more fair - but reviewing (and all-sides comparison) wasn't my aim. I haven't heared many of these models thoroughly enough to make a "real" review. I just listened them to the point where I could tell - wether I want to keep my q-jays, or I should sell them (it would be easy for me) and buy the other model instead. And so far I have NEVER had come across a model which would make me thinking about changing jays to anything else. Each time it was something that turned me out or the competing model. My first post is only trying to summarize those weak points that made me think that I've made the only right choise for myself.

Besides, during this listening I've found that some statements which I used to hear in the forums are not true for me. For example, the legendary neutrality of ety's, softness of shure 530, richness of details in westones um2 etc. So it was an attempt also to find out what's wrong with my impression...

Nov 6, 2008 at 3:15 PM Post #58 of 63
Hi Toki,
I dont have a time read all of this thread with my bad english but I'm with you
my rank is:
Triple fi.10 (great clear dynamic sound I think you could like them a lot)
q-Jays (close two they have different sound then fi.10 but with right source trully potencial it is simply magic sound for me)
SE530, RE1 (I agree with you, they are also very good but nothing for me, I found them boring and RE1 is really muddy)
I want try Livewires and ER4 in future...

I'm not a big fun in-ear but I choose q-jays for me becose they are cool for this money, by the way it is just my opinion nothing more. I respecting my new fullsize headphone Grado RS1 for home listening, portable is not important for me.

Nov 6, 2008 at 3:17 PM Post #59 of 63
Quote:

The debate of whether neutrality is achievable or not aside. It depends on what sort of "live show" you are talking about. Most live show that are amplified have tons of effects being used, of course those aren't a good baseline.
smily_headphones1.gif
Then comes the subject on which if it is possible to achieve a perfectly neutral recording, ok never mind.
biggrin.gif

But, if you have heard a headphone for studio monitor use (Say MDR-7506, HD280, K271 and the likes), they tend to sound more like the Etys rather than the Westones, I guess that's a good guide. I haven't heard the Shures so I won't comment on that.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 6, 2008 at 3:30 PM Post #60 of 63
Quote:

The debate of whether neutrality is achievable or not aside. It depends on what sort of "live show" you are talking about. Most live show that are amplified have tons of effects being used, of course those aren't a good baseline.
smily_headphones1.gif
Then comes the subject on which if it is possible to achieve a perfectly neutral recording, ok never mind.
biggrin.gif

I mean the band which uses ethnic instruments, live sound unamplified. Others are classical performances.

Quote:

But, if you have heard a headphone for studio monitor use (Say MDR-7506, HD280, K271 and the likes), they tend to sound more like the Etys rather than the Westones, I guess that's a good guide. I haven't heard the Shures so I won't comment on that.
smily_headphones1.gif

No, unfortunately I havent heared those models. I think so too - Westones are closer to what I expect from sound, if we will forget about bass... it just cannot be so lifeless in real life.
Am I right that the words "natural" and "neutral" are synonyms when we are talking about music?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back