Why i don't want a mp3 player with more than 512 mb
May 23, 2007 at 12:25 AM Post #32 of 41
this is why i love autofill. my 4gb nano fills up pretty fast with lossless, so it pretty much equates to a 512mb mp3 player. no i don't use lossless for sound quality reasons, i am just really really lazy.

May 23, 2007 at 12:30 AM Post #33 of 41
Haha, i used to be the same as you, in fact i only use to have 256MB of space since i don't get the point of having so many songs. But now i rip CDs at 320kb and i like every album in the mp3 which i do not want to delete... Now 2GB might be a problem too.

May 23, 2007 at 1:33 AM Post #34 of 41
if you dont organize into playlists... that is what happens!

anyways, i think thats a good idea. waste less money. keep updated in your music collection. smaller DAP. more portable.

May 23, 2007 at 1:55 AM Post #35 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by RubenNYC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
With gapless and search iPods are making strides in the right direction. I'm going to predict that with G6 you'll get the ability to Insert tracks into any location you want inside a quick playlist, as opposed to only appending.
smily_headphones1.gif
. Just a guess.

The feature that I would kill for is to be able to update ID3 tags from the ipod itself. So if I'm listening to a song and I decide it's audiophile quality, I could open up a key pad or something and add "audiophile" to the comments section of that song, which would in turn add it to an "audiophile" smart playlist. The iphone will have a keyboard, so I don't think this is impossible. But who knows how similar the 6g ipod will be to the iphone.

May 23, 2007 at 5:06 AM Post #36 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by mcmyers /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is why I continue to listen to my ipod with the iTunes software rather than rockbox. Because the smart playlist functionality is endlessly configurable. It's similar to the different DJ modes described above, except that you get to create all the criteria yourself. So it could be all the songs you haven't heard in the last week, or all the hip hop you haven't heard in the last week, or all the hip hop and electronica you haven't heard in the last week, or all the hip hop and electronica that you've rated 4 stars or higher and haven't heard in the last week. The list goes on and on. And then you can limit each playlist to a certain number of songs based on even more criteria. So it could be hip hop I haven't heard in the last week, but limited to only the 50 songs that I have most recently added to my music collection.

The one problem is that the 4g ipod doesn't automatically update a playlist as you listen to it. The 5g ipod does. This is why I have, with great regret, put my 4g iMod up for sale, even though it sounds amazing. I just can't live without those automatically updating smart playlists. They have completely unlocked my music collection.

um.. yes it does lol well at least for me it does 4g ipod 40gigs...
do you have the latest version 3.1.1? (ipod) and itunes
its very evident especially when you rate a song and lets say you have a smart playlist that includes all songs with 1star..every song u rate that is 1 star on the ipod when you are out and about will automatically go to that playlist.

May 23, 2007 at 5:35 AM Post #37 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by raptor18 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am so sick and tired of having with me all my favourit songs. Everyday the same situation, shuffle through my 6 gb mp3 player. I can't even enjoy my music because i hear them several times a week.

Also i have difficulties enjoying music on the run, i need to sit and be relaxed to enjoy it.

So now i'm getting one with maximum 512 mb to shuffle through new music that i load once every week to discover new music.

Am i the only one in this situtation!!?!

Regards
Raptor

i feel pretty much the same way (sometimes)
when i'm walking around campus, a shuffle is all i need

more than anything i like the attitude of a shuffle (1gen), the lanyard hanging from my neck, the one button autofill (including all my espn & npr podcasts)

but when driving, where music i like is very important, i need a big hdd.

i sold my shuffle to a friend who was flying to japan and needed a jap, and i thought, not gonna buy the same thing again, so i bought a used zen. big mistake, even with a screen and radio and line-in recording, it sucks, i miss the shuffle.

May 23, 2007 at 5:35 AM Post #38 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by raptor18 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am so sick and tired of having with me all my favourit songs. Everyday the same situation, shuffle through my 6 gb mp3 player. I can't even enjoy my music because i hear them several times a week.

Also i have difficulties enjoying music on the run, i need to sit and be relaxed to enjoy it.

So now i'm getting one with maximum 512 mb to shuffle through new music that i load once every week to discover new music.

Am i the only one in this situtation!!?!

Regards
Raptor

i feel pretty much the same way (sometimes)
when i'm walking around campus, a shuffle is all i need

more than anything i like the attitude of a shuffle (1gen), the lanyard hanging from my neck, the one button autofill (including all my espn & npr podcasts)

but when driving, where music i like is very important, i need a big hdd.

i sold my shuffle to a friend who was flying to japan and needed a dap, and i thought, not gonna buy the same thing again, so i bought a used zen. big mistake, even with a screen and radio and line-in recording, it sucks, i miss the shuffle.

May 23, 2007 at 5:47 AM Post #39 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by mcmyers /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The feature that I would kill for is to be able to update ID3 tags from the ipod itself. So if I'm listening to a song and I decide it's audiophile quality, I could open up a key pad or something and add "audiophile" to the comments section of that song, which would in turn add it to an "audiophile" smart playlist. The iphone will have a keyboard, so I don't think this is impossible. But who knows how similar the 6g ipod will be to the iphone.

you could use the rating stars. those are editable from the ipod itself. not sure if a playlist based on rating will update real time on the ipod itself, though.

May 23, 2007 at 1:43 PM Post #40 of 41
^^ man, what a letdown. I believed you knew anything and everything about iPod. What is up? are you losing your iPod IQ ?

May 24, 2007 at 1:09 PM Post #41 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenjchang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i sold my shuffle to a friend who was flying to japan and needed a jap, and i thought, not gonna buy the same thing again, so i bought a used zen. big mistake, even with a screen and radio and line-in recording, it sucks, i miss the shuffle.

LOL

sorry, couldn't resist.

itunes is great, but i don't see what all the fuss is about playlists and such - i guess i'm just old fashioned - it's either a mix that i've already made, or an album.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back