Why hasn't it been done yet?
Sep 20, 2007 at 8:05 AM Post #16 of 20
When I was recently shopping around for a new DAP, I looked pretty closely at the new Zen that is coming out. It's a slick looking little device. But quite a bit of my music was purchased from the iTMS, so that pretty much meant I'd be getting another iPod. Which is fine, I ended up getting the 3G Nano which I'm really happy with. If there was an easy way to remove the DRM on Apples protected AAC format, I may have gone that road and would have ordered a 16gig Zen.

Sep 21, 2007 at 2:37 PM Post #18 of 20
I use itunes to manage my music. It's all eben ripped without DRM, gets improted and amanegd by itunes, and i can drag and drop from the itunes window straight to my player (rockboxed ipod, now a cowon iaudio7 too).

I dont buy any music through itunes, and dont have an account tied to my ipod/pc/itunes install in any way. never had a problem.

I cant plug someone elses ipod in and drag tunes off it though, sjut play them while it's connected, but i guess that's how the drm is supposed to work.

Sep 21, 2007 at 5:12 PM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pseudonym /img/forum/go_quote.gif
short simple answer...

itunes sucks. drag-n-drop ftw.

+1

Sep 21, 2007 at 5:17 PM Post #20 of 20
Drag and Drop may be convienient, but the iPod/iTunes method of storing the filenames in a hashed format allows for much quicker file access and searching, ultimately saving battery life and responding in a more responsive UI. Most of the other players (Zen/Zune) implement a similar system and you just can't see it to whine about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back