Why don't my hd650's sound as good as last night?
Apr 1, 2007 at 9:52 PM Post #31 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmopragma /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You are just weird.

No, he is just wierd. Which is even worse.
Not liking HD650 as much as the day before....
mad.gif

Apr 1, 2007 at 10:30 PM Post #32 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by pompon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Check if the driver is not declipsed from his socket.
Happend me after drop on ground my HD650.

It's very easy to declipsed ... you just have to remove the external grill and see if the driver is well clipsed with the 4 hook.

Huh... what sonic characteristics would declipsing have? I've dropped my HD650s a couple of times. I'd imagine that this would be immediately noticeable, but quite curious. HD650s seem completely sturdy as far as headphones go.

Apr 1, 2007 at 11:11 PM Post #33 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zuerst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Definitely a welcomed perspective from someone who has experince working with people with disabilities. But the same things can be said for the contrary no? Can you really convey someone's facial expression fully with just sound and language?

There is a certain cluelessness with deaf people. Again, I don't want to seem harsh, but that's probably the simplest way to communicate it. To be clear, I am by no means an expert, just relaying what saddens me about people who have lost their hearing.

In any case, I think any rational person would agree, neither is exactly desirable.

Apr 2, 2007 at 1:53 PM Post #34 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zuerst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My point is you can still communicate with written language if you loose hearing. You can't really compensate sight with your ears.

Thats not true IMHO and the example of that (and many other things) is Stevie Wonder.
Mr. Wonder was left blind while still a baby so he never really got to see the world around him.

But if you listen to any of his songs...you can see visions. Unfortunatelly a lot of people with both eyes working 100% dont seem to 'see' as much...

Be glad that you have both...

Peace
Nik

Apr 2, 2007 at 2:23 PM Post #35 of 44
Loss of sight...loss of sound...

Either would be a nightmare. How 'bout if I give up my little toe on my left foot instead?

Life life and enjoy it now because it could end at any given second.

Have a nice day, all.

Ciao

Apr 2, 2007 at 2:31 PM Post #36 of 44
OK, my serious answer to this issue is you need to take some time off. Hang up the cans until you start listening to music in your head. With me, it starts automatically, Some track, probably a song in my library. that I haven't heard in years. It persists, sometimes for a day or three, and I finally crank up the system and the irresistible music is like heaven to my ears. The magical HD650 has returned.

Apr 3, 2007 at 7:13 PM Post #38 of 44
Zuerst, Who's that in your avatar? Looks like one of my favorite faces of all time, Rebecca Romein(I don't know how you spell it). She's up there with Penelope Cruz. If she's your girl you're one lucky bugger.

Apr 3, 2007 at 7:57 PM Post #39 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Zuerst, Who's that in your avatar? Looks like one of my favorite faces of all time, Rebecca Romein(I don't know how you spell it). She's up there with Penelope Cruz. If she's your girl you're one lucky bugger.

What's wrong with my son's feet?!?!?

Apr 3, 2007 at 9:27 PM Post #40 of 44
this thread is the oddest I think I have ever seen for a long while...

Apr 3, 2007 at 11:41 PM Post #41 of 44
Many times I have found listening to things that sounded great a day or two before sound not so good when I go back to listen.

Is everything in the chain the exact same including the music?

Sometimes even with the same music it comes down to listening during the day or night. In hot climates, there can be less of a strain on the power grid at night due to less air conditioning. Less grit in the power grid can make things sound better at night.

I can also hear bats in the belfry.

Apr 4, 2007 at 12:47 AM Post #43 of 44
my own opinion is that my mood greatly affects how "good" my headphones sound. When I'm elated for any reason, like just getting a new pair of headphones; then I tend to enjoy what I'm hearing. It works the opposite as well. If I'm just in a blah mood then I tend to be bored with what i'm hearing.

Apr 4, 2007 at 1:30 AM Post #44 of 44
Why you blaming phones? Probably it’s the problems with power supply for some or all of yours gear. At night much less interferences and it’s a good idea to do a critical listening to hear full potential of yours system. Of cause YMMV.
Vlad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back