Why doesn't everyone here have AKG K1000?
Aug 1, 2005 at 6:27 AM Post #31 of 40
Short answer: stosh.

It is a surprisingly good sounding little combo, innit?

Aug 1, 2005 at 6:28 AM Post #32 of 40
Might I ask what stosh is?
confused.gif

Aug 1, 2005 at 6:44 AM Post #34 of 40
Simply becasue there is no one size fits all in audio.....some may not like the K-1000 at all, others find other options best suited for their test etc....

Aug 1, 2005 at 7:57 AM Post #35 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Pa
But while we are on the subject: [size=medium]In Praise of K1000s for Hot/Humid Weather![/size]

I know of no better headphone for comfort when the weather is hot and humid. My preferred cans remain HD650s, but these are clammey when things are sweaty. Canalphones/Etys don't really solve the problem, but the K1000s work like a charm.

Amen, to that, brother!

One of the reasons I've been listening to my K1000's the most lately.

Well, it's not so humid where I live right now, though.
k1000smile.gif

-Ed

Aug 1, 2005 at 7:59 AM Post #36 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by ayt999
I have the HD650, but that doesn't mean I like them more than the K1000. usually I only like the HD650 only when driven balanced by a high end balanced amp, and possibly the K1000's sound may also change for something I like if I work on it and find a better setup that suites me than the T-Amp combo I tried at meets. I only got the HD650 since it was cheap, a lot of people have it and I wanted a reference point of some sorts.

if those avi files you linked to are what I think they are (movies taken of NeilPeart at the San Mateo meet), I was walking with them while they were doing that and I think you can see me at the end of one of the clips. they are even using my PCDP.

Hmmmm, perhaps a K1000 + DynaMight? Then your balanced amp stable will be complete.
k1000smile.gif

-Ed

Aug 1, 2005 at 9:07 AM Post #37 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Hmmmm, perhaps a K1000 + DynaMight? Then your balanced amp stable will be complete.
k1000smile.gif

-Ed

I didn't think that was a very good combination, rather bright and cold in spite of the somewhat smoother Heaphile Blackmax cable. The best I've the AKG with is still the RKV and a very expensive power amp.

Aug 1, 2005 at 10:10 AM Post #38 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82
Ok, so you like the colored sound headphones provide. This means you would not like live music, correct?

?
live music always sound bloated , with peaks and things overpowered and overwhelming others ..

maybe we are referring to different types of live performance , I'm referring to live gigs , both rock ( electricity involved ) and acoustic ( electricity involved ) ...

live sounds depends on lot of factor , where you are placed in the auditorium , kind of auditorium , overall volume of sound where you are placed , mixing if we talk about amplified lives are only few..

Aug 1, 2005 at 11:28 AM Post #40 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by boodi
maybe we are referring to different types of live performance , I'm referring to live gigs , both rock ( electricity involved ) and acoustic ( electricity involved )

I am talking about live classical or vocals with no electricity involved, with only the microphones recording the sound. With K1000 it feels like I am in the first row or inside the orchestra, sometimes with vocals it sounds like the voice is coming from where I sit, it is scary! I guess someone else would like this, they could move their lips and feel like they have a super smooth voice.
k1000smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back