Why does the UE cable doesn't have UE logo?
Dec 5, 2009 at 12:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Feather225

1000+ Head-Fier
Hey everyone,

I was wondering if UE replacement cables are sold anywhere else since it does not have a UE logo on it. They are quite expensive on their website..

Thanks.

Dec 5, 2009 at 1:08 AM Post #3 of 12
i think he's afraid that other places are not selling genuine UE products, but UE knockoffs.

anyway, i hear that the UE stock cables are pretty crappy so I'd try looking for 3rd party cables.

Dec 5, 2009 at 1:10 AM Post #4 of 12
well, why not? The original crappy clear cable went green after two months of use. So I am now looking for a black one~
I called UE, and they quoted me $60~ I don't know if that cable should cost that much~ it sucks and theres not even a brand on it~

In that case why don't I try find some after market ones for cheaper. Im just not so sure where else sells them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does that bother you that much?

Dec 5, 2009 at 3:01 PM Post #5 of 12
try westone cable. It's much better & last longer. The price is around 40 with shipping

Dec 5, 2009 at 3:07 PM Post #6 of 12
+1 To the Westone Cable, but it won't work as is. You'll have to trim the connectors (longer) and take care when inserting to the monitors because it stresses the plugs.

Dec 5, 2009 at 3:09 PM Post #7 of 12
Because UE have not put the logo there... Cost, time, or whatever being the reason.

Dec 5, 2009 at 4:43 PM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Feather225 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well, why not? The original crappy clear cable went green after two months of use. So I am now looking for a black one~
I called UE, and they quoted me $60~ I don't know if that cable should cost that much~ it sucks and theres not even a brand on it~

In that case why don't I try find some after market ones for cheaper. Im just not so sure where else sells them.

Try here:

Ultimate Ears Custom Optional Accessories - Custom Store - Ultimate Ears Earphones Headphones Personal Monitors

It seems weird they would quote you 60 dollars when it's less than 40 dollars on their website.

For 60 bucks you might as well shell out another 9 and get an Enyo from Null Audio or some such.

Dec 5, 2009 at 9:06 PM Post #9 of 12
Try Futuresonics, they have most colors and 24", 36", 50" and 64" lengths. They are the newest softer cables. I just bought one a while back. They sent it out right away and in a sturdy little box with peanuts instead of an envelope. Also got it the next day(Pennsylvania to NY anyway) without extra shipping cost. A good experience all around.

Dec 6, 2009 at 12:41 AM Post #12 of 12
try the futuresonics, i've seen them recommended before.

Future Sonics, Inc.: Atrio Series (TM) and Ear Monitors (R) brand professional earphones by Future Sonics: Cables

i don't really understand their pricing because longer cables seem to be cheaper... but the prices are very reasonable at around $36-$40.

apparently the null audio enyo cable is decent as well, but is a bit more expensive at $69
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f21/nu...e-pics-444644/
http://cgi.ebay.com/Enyo-Premium-Cab...item2553ef3e59

Users who are viewing this thread

Back