Why does the AKG K540 have such a boring sound for rap/hiphop depending on a lot of vocals?
Jun 29, 2013 at 5:02 PM Post #22 of 26
I haven't heard ether headphone but I believe it due to the sound stage differences the AKG 540 likely has a larger sound stage so music sounds distant in comparison to your old headphones which had a smaller sound stage so music sounds more upfront and engaging on it this is the reason I believe for what you describe as a boring sound on the AKG. You prefer headphones with a smaller more upfront soundstage vs a larger more spacious and distant one.

Jun 30, 2013 at 12:33 PM Post #23 of 26
Quote:
I haven't heard ether headphone but I believe it due to the sound stage differences the AKG 540 likely has a larger sound stage so music sounds distant in comparison to your old headphones which had a smaller sound stage so music sounds more upfront and engaging on it this is the reason I believe for what you describe as a boring sound on the AKG. You prefer headphones with a smaller more upfront soundstage vs a larger more spacious and distant one.

I don't really feel like the soundstage on my K540's is that big, but definitely bigger than my old Philips headphones. But this might be it.

Jul 2, 2013 at 1:04 AM Post #25 of 26
Quote:
I don't really feel like the sound stage on my K540's is that big, but definitely bigger than my old Philips headphones. But this might be it.

Doesn't have to be a big sound stage just bigger enough in size over the phillips to make a difference the greater the difference in size the more you will notice this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back