Why does my music sound amazing on dolby headphone ?
Mar 5, 2014 at 7:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

c64

100+ Head-Fier
But utterly lifeless gritty even what I'd call tinny at times under stereo mode ?

doesn't matter what I listen to I prefer dolby headphone 6 or 8 channels livlier room setting and jazz EQ

It's night and day to my ears ? whats going on my sound is rich and warm and smooth with great impact under DH

But straight out of a stereo source even sansa clip + amp it's utterly lifeless compared to out of a xonar dx + DH + amp ?

Am I deaf ? do top end amps produce the rich warm powerful immersive sound like the xonar with dolby headphone on too ?

Does anyone else much prefer dolby headphone compared to setting it to 2 speaker

Mar 5, 2014 at 9:29 PM Post #2 of 6
Dolby Headphone alters the frequency response. Among other things it increases the bass. I guess with your equipment you just prefer the frequency response through DH. There is a whole thread on that in the forum if you search.

Here is one very long thread on the subject: http://www.head-fi.org/t/555263/foobar2000-dolby-headphone-config-comment-discuss

Mar 5, 2014 at 10:43 PM Post #3 of 6
Yes but is that as good sounding as dolby headphone via a soundcard ? is the xonars DH hardware and software based or just software emulation ? exactly the same as the foobar one ?

Mar 6, 2014 at 1:03 AM Post #4 of 6
It sounds similar to Beats Audio processing. Like Chodi said, it increases the bass and I'm sure it has some patented EQ that they've researched and decided gives "better" sounding audio.

Apr 28, 2014 at 10:15 AM Post #6 of 6
I completely feel the same with Dolby Headphone. I listen without Dolby Heaphone on my Fiio E18 and it's ok but then i listen through my STX with Dolby Headphone and it just sounds amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back