why does my audio system sound better at night?
Oct 7, 2001 at 1:21 AM Post #31 of 35
Quote:

TimD said...

Music sounds really good after waking up for me too.

Hehe, that's when music sounds worst to me. Of course, I'm not a morning person, so listening in the afternoon or night is best for me because that's when I'm most alert.

Oct 7, 2001 at 1:27 AM Post #32 of 35
I'm not a morning person either! Lol...I just said I like music after I wake up.

My listening volumes at night or when I wake up are extremely low. Midday's my listening volumes are much louder.

Oct 7, 2001 at 1:40 AM Post #33 of 35
Oh, I like music anytime, it's just that when I wake up, I don't have the energy/concentration to get into my 580s laidback sound. I'd rather listen through my speakers, which have a more exciting approach. Hmm, maybe I should get some Grados for morning listening...
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 7, 2001 at 2:02 AM Post #34 of 35
Hmm....well, last night was pretty rough for me ("family troubles") and...I guess my mood changed my perception a LOT...I was finally able to enjoy Make Yourself, by Incubus.

I don't today.....I guess...I'm glad I'm not in that mood a lot...

rolleyes.gif

My system sounds best at night too, though that's prolly because the ONLY time I listen with my slightly half-way decent Senn. 495 rig is...at night
smily_headphones1.gif

Tho, my KSC-35 & 888 give me good company during the day....
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 7, 2001 at 4:28 AM Post #35 of 35
The power where I used to live (across the street from a hospital) would get downright awful AFTER the sun went down. I could not use my TA amp with AC power at night. My Cosmic amp has no such problems.

Yet I could take said TA amp into the all metal structure where I work, wherein resides working lathes, mills, plasma cutters, CNC lasers, TIG/MIG welders, etc. And hear no line noise at all. Go figure....

I agree that the night time hearing difference lies with the listener. After a day of listening to traffic (VERY important sense when you go by bicycle), keeping an ear out for subtle sounds from a Walter Helipower CNC grinder (except for when it crashes the workhead into the spindle, which shakes the floor, splatters a 6" grinding wheel @ 5000 RPM, and subtracts a week off of my life), three week old twins, etc, the mind gets starved for audible sensory input when there suddenly isn't any. I rarely plug in my brain (what my wife calls my headphone setup) at anytime other than the late evening. That's when it weaves its spell over me most effectively.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back