Why does everyone hate Bose?
Oct 9, 2006 at 3:32 PM Post #91 of 141
I like some Bose products too, especially bookshelf speakers 141, unfortunately Bose stopped production this nice sounding speakers and some bose accustimas speakers plays good too. They have not good treble or bass but sound is full bodied, tonaly right and pleasant to ear. I don´t know why so many peaple hate Bose.

Oct 10, 2006 at 1:32 AM Post #92 of 141
i think what the argument boils down to is the fact that bose creates products that simply don't sound good to anyone that knows and is overpriced.... the difference between that and other hi-fi companies is that the product is also overpriced and but at least of high quality

once you get to a certain point it's law of diminishing returns with hi-fi equipment

it doesn't matter if the cables cost $500 or $10,000 as long as you are getting quality.....

for the money you can do much better than bose.....

i think what audiophiles also hate about bose is that they are a fraud.... they market themselves as hi-fi but they aren't in the same league as other companies that produce hi-fi...

Oct 10, 2006 at 10:01 AM Post #93 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by intlplby
it doesn't matter if the cables cost $500 or $10,000 as long as you are getting quality.....

This is the sentence where things start to go awry
wink.gif

I mean what quality can a 10,000 dollar cable possibly have that can justify that kind of price tag?

unless it's made of uranium or something....

Oct 10, 2006 at 3:15 PM Post #94 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by memepool
This is the sentence where things start to go awry
wink.gif

I mean what quality can a 10,000 dollar cable possibly have that can justify that kind of price tag?

unless it's made of uranium or something....

As long as it doesn't say "Bose" on it, a lot of people *enjoy* paying Too Much Money for the alleged-benefits.

Bose is the bad guy simply because they are more successful, business-wise, than all the more-respected headphone manufacturers combined. They market very effectively, have many satisfied customers, and don't cater to us. People here can't stand those simple facts. (Now, watch somebody call me a 'Bose lover' :wink:

Oct 11, 2006 at 12:57 AM Post #95 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by russdog
As long as it doesn't say "Bose" on it, a lot of people *enjoy* paying Too Much Money for the alleged-benefits.

Bose is the bad guy simply because they are more successful, business-wise, than all the more-respected headphone manufacturers combined. They market very effectively, have many satisfied customers, and don't cater to us. People here can't stand those simple facts. (Now, watch somebody call me a 'Bose lover' :wink:

Are you a BOSE owner.. Satisfied customers? Ofcourse, they have nothing to compare it to besides 10.00 ear buds.. About the 1,000 cable question.. At least you are getting quality build & performance unlike ANY BOSE product.. I don't believe a cable is worth a grand, but maybe the materials are expensive, etc.. The point is, BOSE uses very cheap material, & offers poor quality sound for the money..Again, paper tweeters?? I'm not mad that BOSE doesn't cater to us.. BOSE caters to the ignorant GP, who has no clue what quality audio is.. & they take advantage of it..Maybe thats just 'smart' business..

Oct 11, 2006 at 9:28 AM Post #96 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice
paper tweeters??

sorry to bang on about this but I don't think this level of misinformation and ignorance is in keeping with this forum.

There is NOTHING wrong with using paper for speakers. It's the oldest material and still one of the best. Tannoy Westminsters have paper drivers for Gods sake....

Oct 11, 2006 at 11:55 AM Post #97 of 141
Quote:

BOSE uses very cheap material

don´t rate speakers by material used, Lowther speakers are from paper too and are one of the best speakers in the world, JBL 4312 have drivers from paper too and are excelent.

Oct 11, 2006 at 4:51 PM Post #98 of 141
if anyone cares... a member over at Audio Asylum picked up a pair of Bose 901 speakers in the honest attempt to write an honest review of them.

here's what he came up with: Bose 901 Review

oh, and for the record... Bose does not use paper tweeters. in fact, they don't use tweeters at all.
tongue.gif

Oct 11, 2006 at 5:20 PM Post #100 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by VicAjax
if anyone cares... a member over at Audio Asylum picked up a pair of Bose 901 speakers in the honest attempt to write an honest review of them.
here's what he came up with: Bose 901 Review

"The ONLY time they sounded decent was on the Star Trek Movie "Nemesis".
I did enjoy the effect they created on THIS movie, I must admit.

But, the movie "The Green Mile" and "The Shawshank Redemption" were less then stellar."

Oh well I suppose next time I want to watch a Tom Hanks movie in my paneled carport (sic) I'll have to get the PMC's out.
wink.gif

Oct 11, 2006 at 5:23 PM Post #101 of 141
I am starting to care for BOSE less and less, because of all the places I come to get away from their marketing jargon, I come here for refuge..and to see people talking up the same points about their products here endlessly is tiresome
redface.gif

If you want to learn about the amazing legendary best sound in the world that is BOSE, just turn on channel 23 and let it sit for ten minutes. You should see several commercials and infomercials on their offering
wink.gif

As for HiFi and true fidelity, I think there are other offerings better suited for the money payed VS BOSE period
cool.gif

Oct 11, 2006 at 5:53 PM Post #102 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by memepool
"The ONLY time they sounded decent was on the Star Trek Movie "Nemesis".
I did enjoy the effect they created on THIS movie, I must admit.

But, the movie "The Green Mile" and "The Shawshank Redemption" were less then stellar."

Oh well I suppose next time I want to watch a Tom Hanks movie in my paneled carport (sic) I'll have to get the PMC's out.
wink.gif

ya gotta admit, though... it's an entertaining read!
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 11, 2006 at 6:26 PM Post #103 of 141
my comment about a $500 cable vs $10,000 cable was there to illustrate that after more than a few hundred bucks spent on cable it doesn't matter how much you spend because it's clear you have nothing better to do with your money, but someone got the main point..... whether it is $500 or $10,000 it WILL be a quality product and the merits of a $500 cable vs a $10,000 are going to be very open to debate since it is one audiophile's opinion pitched against another....

with bose, practically every audiophile if not every audiophile will agree that they aren't that good and definitely not good for the money....

they market to those who don't know any better.... they prey on ignorance and that's why audiophiles hate BOSE.....

any company regardless of what they sell that sells a product that preys on the ignorance of people is a bad company.....

Oct 12, 2006 at 9:46 AM Post #104 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by intlplby
my comment about a $500 cable vs $10,000 cable was there to illustrate that after more than a few hundred bucks spent on cable it doesn't matter how much you spend because it's clear you have nothing better to do with your money, but someone got the main point..... whether it is $500 or $10,000 it WILL be a quality product and the merits of a $500 cable vs a $10,000 are going to be very open to debate since it is one audiophile's opinion pitched against another....

with bose, practically every audiophile if not every audiophile will agree that they aren't that good and definitely not good for the money....

they market to those who don't know any better.... they prey on ignorance and that's why audiophiles hate BOSE.....

any company regardless of what they sell that sells a product that preys on the ignorance of people is a bad company.....

And you don't intend any irony whatsoever in this post?

Oct 12, 2006 at 4:48 PM Post #105 of 141
just converted a friend of mine from Bose to Paradigm for 5.1 surround....score another one for the good guys..
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back