Why does everybody hate Limp Bizkit?
May 3, 2003 at 6:57 PM Post #31 of 62
I had the first 2 Limp Bizkit CDs. I digged em for a couple years, but luckily that stopped. They were the worst live band I've ever seen (I saw em in 97).

The only "nu-metal" band I like is Mudvayne, but I really don't think they should be called that. They're much more than that IMO. The drumming in Trapped In The Wake Of A Dream is great.

I do agree with KJ869 though. I was talking about Meshuggah, Opeth, Lamb of God, and other heavy metal bands like that with some chick last night. I asked her who she considers as a metal band, and she said Linkin Park.
rolleyes.gif

May 4, 2003 at 7:17 PM Post #32 of 62
Hey, I like Linkin Park. Meteora especially. A very well mixed album, I might add. However, I don't consider it metal. I call it rap/rock.

(-:Stephonovich:)

May 5, 2003 at 10:15 AM Post #33 of 62
Quote:

Originally posted by Stephonovich
Hey, I like Linkin Park. Meteora especially. A very well mixed album, I might add. However, I don't consider it metal. I call it rap/rock.

I'm with you there. Calling them a metal band would be pretty bad... but there is something kind of appealing about their sound.

I think everyone doesn't like Limp Bizkit because....

Well, HE USES A Z INSTEAD OF AN S IN BISCUIT! DAHHHHHHHH!

And the music sucks.

But that doesn't tick me off nearly as much as the Z.

May 5, 2003 at 10:54 AM Post #34 of 62
Quote:

Originally posted by Stephonovich

Ugh, hated that album. Good thing there's ways to try out the album before buying it. I think all the popularity got into their heads- what were they thinking when they kept bragging that they had enough songs recorded to fill 5 albums, but they let out a 34-minute album and charge $19 msrp for it? (And yet it still sold 800,000 copies)

Those of you that just diss limp bizkit because everybody else does, you're not really contributing to the thread (to put it bluntly). Has anybody here actually listened to some of their non-rap-influenced stuff and has a comment to make?

For those of you that just have heard "Nookie" and "Rollin' (Air Raid Vehicle)" download "Boiler" "Take A Look Around" and "Re-Arranged"

May 5, 2003 at 11:24 AM Post #35 of 62
In ten years when someone mentions Fred Durst along with Vanilla Ice (as being proof of the truism that he who claims to have the biggest balls often has none at all), some of you are going to have trouble remembering which one did the nookie song.

That's how bad Limp Bizkit is.

May 5, 2003 at 11:44 AM Post #36 of 62
Durst has so blatantly sold his soul to evil MTV with so much in person air time, he and Carson are such good buds.......sad but true. Can't be an insider and an outsider at the same time, Fred has made his bed now he must lay in it.

Well he can at least hang out with Eminem, Kid Rock, Ozzie, Justin Timberlake and all the other MTV regular male stars
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 5, 2003 at 6:05 PM Post #37 of 62
Quote:

Uh, what about Linkin Park? Yeah, it's mis-spelled because of legal reasons (apparently Lincoln Park is copyrighted or whatever you call it...), but it's still a mis-spelling. Or were you just being funny?
tongue.gif

What pisses me off is all the rip-off bands with no originality. They all come and do the same thing, and for some odd reason, people buy them. Granted, Linkin Park (and Creed) aren't anything new, but I still think they're good. Personally, I like Scott Stapp's vocals, and Linkin Park is very different than most rock bands. [Zips up flame suit]

I went to a concert a couple nights ago that had some local bands. The first did their own stuff; had a guitarist, singer, drummer, and bassist. They weren't bad. The second band had two guitarists, a singer, a bassist, and a drummer. Oh yeah, and huge Marshall stacks
biggrin.gif
But more importantly, they didn't do any original music. It was all other stuff. Guns 'n Roses, Pearl Jam... But it was very good. Why? Because they were talented. The lead guitarist, for one, was awesome. He had it behind his head, rolling around, never missing a beat. He also had a large array of effects pedals. My friend and I like the solos with wah the best.

Anyway, I'm saying that a band needn't be original all the time, if they're talented. (which is how I justify Linkin Park and Creed)

And why do modern bands mostly suck? I believe it's the distinct lack of mind-altering drugs. Sure, some rappers get busted for pot, but that doesn't do much. Look at Syd Barrett. Amazing guy, and he was on LSD. Granted, he went insane... Or Alice in Chains. Heroin addicts. But good (albeit strange... Angry Chair?) lyrics and music.

May 5, 2003 at 7:07 PM Post #38 of 62
Yeah... I know, Steph... but there is just something that ticks me off about the replacement of Z for S. Pet peeve, ya know.

I actually have heard some of LB's non-airtime stuff and, while it isn't as bad as the stuff on the radio, it still seems so over-blown that it sounds like homogenous mash to me. It lacks that visceral, bottom of your gut power that metal can have and the kineticism that rap can have. Instead it is a pale imitation of both.

May 5, 2003 at 7:35 PM Post #39 of 62
j3s, we is need more drugz!
tongue.gif
"Well I'm a king bee!"

LimpBizkit:
"Keep rollin rollin rollin rollin" (does the wheel motions with his arms)

Yay! lets all do it so kewl Limp Bizkit!!

"Keep rollin rollin rollin rollin" (does the wheel motions with his arms)

wheeee!! so funz!! //does the wheel motion with arms..

rolleyes.gif

I dunno to me Limp Bizkit is the same as those fagboy bands and company, except they target a male audience of ~8-16 years instead of female 8-16... Its ultra pop, corny, cheezy... Its for the little kids in their rebellion stage.. The little girl listens to Aguilera/Spears/NSync, and the little boys to Limp Bizkit, eminem, kid rock, etc.. So bad, hot, kewl!

So, maybe they have some decent stuff, but I'm not about to go get their album......... for me LimpBizkit does absolutely nothing... well actually it repulses me... (where's the paper bag!!)

At one point you have to identify a bit with the music you listen to... And I'd be as much ashamed to say that I like Limp Bizkit as I'd be about putting a Stone cold Austin "WHAT!" WWF T-****...... Yes... I would be much ashamed...

//from a 24 year old male...

May 5, 2003 at 8:11 PM Post #40 of 62
Quote:

Originally posted by GirgleMirt
At one point you have to identify a bit with the music you listen to... And I'd be as much ashamed to say that I like Limp Bizkit as I'd be about putting a Stone cold Austin "WHAT!" WWF T-****...... Yes... I would be much ashamed...
//from a 24 year old male...

Hey dude, it's WWE not WWF......wrestling is very kewl and I am old enough to be your dad.........and that's the bottom line cause Stone Cold said so!

May 5, 2003 at 8:29 PM Post #41 of 62
Quote:

Originally posted by DarkAngel
Hey dude, it's WWE not WWF......wrestling is very kewl and I am old enough to be your dad.........and that's the bottom line cause Stone Cold said so!

LOL, give 'em hell, DA...

biggrin.gif

May 5, 2003 at 8:44 PM Post #42 of 62
Quote:

Originally posted by DarkAngel

lol

LB is one of those groups that you sometimes believe simply has to be a parody of some kind... Then the realization hits you that they are serious.

That's when you start screaming.

May 5, 2003 at 9:22 PM Post #43 of 62
Firstly, WWF is a show, not a sport
biggrin.gif

Since there really is no original music, all we can hope for are good imitators. IMO, Linkin Park and Creed are good examples.

May 6, 2003 at 1:49 AM Post #44 of 62
Quote:

Originally posted by blip
But that doesn't tick me off nearly as much as the Z. [/B]

And the "k" instead of a "c" does not bother you?
confused.gif

May 6, 2003 at 2:16 AM Post #45 of 62
Quote:

Originally posted by Dusty Chalk
And the "k" instead of a "c" does not bother you?
confused.gif

Nor the lack of a "u"? Eh?! What the hell! Doesn't that infuriate you too?

tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back