Why does everybody hate Limp Bizkit?
Apr 30, 2003 at 2:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 62

NewSc2

500+ Head-Fier
Digging up my old Limp Bizkit albums (Chocolate Starfish and Significant Other) I'm amazed as how much better they are over what everybody says they are.

Basically, eveyrbody puts them down as much as they do the BSB or N'Sync. Overall, though, they have some good stuff - better than Linkin Park. Re-Arranged, Boiler, Take a Look Around, My Way.. are really multilayered songs - lasting 5 minutes or longer (except My Way: 4.5 minutes)- something unheard of these days in punk. Sure I don't like most of his hip-hop/rock stuff, but the more rock-influenced tracks aren't bad.

*zips up flame-suit*

Disclaimer: I have very varied tastes, I like most jazz, classic rock, classical, and old hip hop, so don't label me as a nu-metal fan or anything. This is just an old album that I dug up while cleaning up my room.

Edit: I don't like Fred Durst's attitude much either, but he has some good artistic direction (some cool music videos). Loved Wes Borland - too bad he quit.

Apr 30, 2003 at 2:31 AM Post #2 of 62
The music is good. Pre-chocolate starfish at least. Fred Durst is just an idiot and Wes Borland had to go and leave and now they have nothing. I don't know why but Chocalate Starfish didn't quite do it for me.

Apr 30, 2003 at 2:46 AM Post #3 of 62
it's not the best album of all time, but i liked Take A Look Around and Boiler a lot.

Apr 30, 2003 at 3:21 AM Post #4 of 62
Chocolate Starfish was worth every penny I paid for it. I miss that radio club...

Take A Look Around is the only song I bothered to rip off that CD. The rest are just too self-promoting. I'm all for aggressive music, but in my mind a band has to do more than say they're tough. That CD is collecting dust on my shelf.

Apr 30, 2003 at 3:38 AM Post #6 of 62
[size=small]I liked them - very briefly - when they were initially popular. Then the raps grew old, Fred Durst's behavior became unbearable, and then for me, watching their videos became an exercise in painful embarrassment. That intro in the video to "Rollin' " especially comes to mind. Plus there were a few very awful songs thrown into the mix - "My Generation" anyone?

I know taste is subjective, but I think the music industry would be helped if Limp Bizkit was quietly and quickly forgotten.
[/size]

Apr 30, 2003 at 6:01 AM Post #7 of 62
Because they suck?

No, seriously.

If I cared about how some musicians acted in real life, this is just the beginning of the list of artists I would have to stop liking:

Marilyn Manson
Trent Reznor
Al Jourgenson
Martin Gore

Okay, the real reason? Because he sounds whiney when he sings. It just annoys me. I don't want to be annoyed when I listen to music, so I hate it.

Apr 30, 2003 at 6:26 AM Post #9 of 62
Quote:

Originally posted by AIM9x
I don't know why everybody hates them. I just thought it was one of those things "that we hold to be self-evident"

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was in the Declaration somewhere last time I checked.

Apr 30, 2003 at 7:51 AM Post #10 of 62
Some of their videos suck, but Re-Arranged and Boiler were really really good. Boiler is one of the top videos I've seen.

Apr 30, 2003 at 9:00 AM Post #11 of 62
Hmmm....for me you don't have to look further than lyrics like "I did it all for the nookie...so take this cookie and shove it up you ass" for the reason I don't like Limp Bizkit at all.

I like listening to music that actually displays a reasonable level of intelligence...

Apr 30, 2003 at 9:45 AM Post #12 of 62
Some of their stuff is bad, but it doesn't mean all their stuff is bad:

Re-Arranged:
Lately I've been skeptical
Silent when I would used to speak
Distant from all around me who witness me fail and become weak
Life is overwhelming heavy is the head that wears the crown
I'd love to be the one to disappoint you when I don't fall down.

Boiler:
till now i crawled up your butt somehow and that's
when things got turned around i used to be alive
now i feel pathetic and now i get it what's done is done you just leave it alone
and don't regret it but sometimes,
some things turn into dumb things
and that's when you put your foot down.

I mean, Tupac has said some dumb things in the past I'm sure:

All these **** gotta go *** the **** and **** and ******* with ******

but he's recognized as a lyrical genius (and I think he is, too)

May 1, 2003 at 12:58 AM Post #14 of 62
Quote:

Originally posted by Nick Dangerous
Bizkit must die.

Bizkit is dead.

May 1, 2003 at 1:25 AM Post #15 of 62
Ha! Are you trying to imply that Fred Durst might be a lyrical genius?

Ha. Haha. Ahhhaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....

tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back