Why do these LG cell phone earbuds sound so good???
Aug 3, 2010 at 5:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

cam94z28

100+ Head-Fier
I was messing with my Rockboxed Fuse the other night and came across the earbuds that came with my LG Rumor Touch. I thought, what the hell? and put them on. I'm surprised to say the least. These are not IEM's, but "wedge them in your ears" earbuds.

Granted I have to boost the bass by 7-9db (same with my im616's), and cut the treble a few db to keep them from being sibilant. After doing this, they sound very clean and warm, with a rich midrange and more detail than I get from some of my decent IEM's.

They don't produce the annoying beaming in the upper mids that most of my earbuds/IEM's do to some degree. They also don't have the plasticky/crinkly sound to the treble than even my cx300's have. I wonder if these are a rebranded version of something decent.

Aug 3, 2010 at 6:47 PM Post #2 of 4
Same thing with my Blackberry Tour earbuds. They are the best stock earbuds I've ever heard. They sound very similar or even better than the PK3 but are harder to drive.

Aug 3, 2010 at 11:54 PM Post #3 of 4
I do believe most Korean cellphone makers (at least those big one) are using very well regarded headphone OEM for supplier (which also has its own very well regarded headphone brand). Thus you can expect a decent earbud these days. This is of course partially thanks to Apple for turning cellphone as musical listening device as a main trend.

Nov 29, 2010 at 5:22 PM Post #4 of 4
OMG.
This is great. Now I'll have 2 excellent sounding stock earbuds. Both from korean manufacturers ironically.
Since I just ordered the LG Rumor Touch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back