why do people have speakers and headphones?
Nov 10, 2020 at 6:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

buencamino

100+ Head-Fier
I just see some computer setups of people that they have monitor speakers and a headphone. I was just wondering why do you need both? isn't one enough already, if you have speakers I don't see the point of getting headphones. When will you use the headphones?

Nov 10, 2020 at 6:15 AM Post #2 of 7
Here are a few reasons:

1.You might be living with someone and you do not want to bother em with your music or you do not want em hearing everything.
2. A lot of people live in flats and have neighbors which will not appreciate loud music early in the morning or late at night.
3. You want isolation from background noise (only ofc with Closed Back)
4. Room acoustics are not optimal or hard to setup so a headphone is a easier and cheaper solution
5. Personal preference to the more intimate presentation that headphones give than speakers.

Nov 10, 2020 at 6:22 AM Post #4 of 7
Desktop speakers are convenient. Good headphones sound better than desktop speakers. Good floorstanders sound better than good headphones YMMV.

I live in a country where noise is not appreciated. If I want to listen at night or on the weekends I need to use headphones.

Nov 10, 2020 at 6:33 AM Post #5 of 7
Both offer very compelling and different listening experiences. That is enough of a reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back