Originally Posted by Morph201 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL! How old are you? Really?
k701smile.gif

46. You?
tongue.gif

Jun 16, 2009 at 8:13 PM Post #17 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Plasticky sounding...the K702/1 have a very extended highs. So, maybe this is the plasticky sounding feel. in the studio this highs feel good, I can shape and control them, it's a big pluse for monitor mix/mastering.

On topic, every hps company offer low end hps for low cost.

It isn't the extension. My ribbons and AMTs go well over 30kHz (IIRC) and produce a tremendously "right" sound.

The K-701 has what sounds, to me, like a defect in the highs. Vocals and many instruments take on an unnatural quality I don't hear in other headphones. It makes voices sound artificial and plasticky. This has been on seven or eight amps I've tried (solid state and tubed) and with a variety of sources and formats. I've also heard the same unnatural quality in other K-701/2 pairs I've tried, so mine aren't unique.

As much as I would like to enjoy the K-701, I cannot get past that defect. I'm not the only one who hears this, either, which really makes me question AKG's testing and evaluation of products.

What's weird is the old AKG products nailed vocals. They're fundamentally right, and then AKG threw away everything they had (obviously) worked so hard at to get right.

Jun 16, 2009 at 8:27 PM Post #19 of 23
oh well, for every two k701 haters, there is a k701 lover so they can't really be that bad, can they?

and the lower end Sennheisers are uninspiring at best too.

oh I'd love a K271 with a bit more bass.

Jun 16, 2009 at 8:32 PM Post #21 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoart /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The flagship of the AKG line, literally the best that they make, are the K701s and those suck. What chance do their cheaper offerings have, really?
The only possible conclusion is that the brand sucks.

troll troll troll your boat

Jun 16, 2009 at 8:52 PM Post #23 of 23
You know what? This thread sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back