Why do I buy so many headphones?!??!
Apr 4, 2010 at 5:02 PM Post #32 of 51
Read the twelve steps programme. It´s so strikingly true.

Apr 4, 2010 at 9:23 PM Post #34 of 51
the one for anonyme alcoholics... just replace alcoholics with audioholics
biggrin.gif

Apr 4, 2010 at 11:03 PM Post #35 of 51
I prefer new CDs and maybe an integrated amplifier with equalizer. I have two headphones coming up and I expect to be done for a while when they are ready for use.

Apr 4, 2010 at 11:25 PM Post #36 of 51
I made a list 6 years ago of all the headphones I wanted to listen to, I've pretty much killed that list now. Someday I'll get around to the Qualia. So I suppose I bought them just because I was interested.

Apr 5, 2010 at 12:06 AM Post #38 of 51
I was able to stop for almost 5yrs... now I'm back WITH A VENGEANCE!!

I bought enough in the past 6mo to get a free pair of 225's with AMEX points.

Apr 5, 2010 at 6:47 AM Post #39 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by markkr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bought enough in the past 6mo to get a free pair of 225's with AMEX points.

That sounds like a lot of headphones, me thinks you need to update your profile
biggrin.gif

Apr 5, 2010 at 6:50 AM Post #40 of 51
Wow. 3 pages. I started a confessional!

Well to answer your questions somewhere in there, i have roughly 31(ish) headphones. Most are crap, some are good, and some are my college budget best (grado and er...*cough*skullcandy*cough*)

Anyway..I describe it as this - There comes a place you get to when listening to headphones that matches, if not surpasses listening in person. It like you are in the studio with them, alone. Whether it be Jimi mashing out some Voodoo Chile, or Debussy's Claire De Lune softly tickling your ears, it feels fantastic.

Surround sound can't match it, concerts lose the purity but headphones have utmost intimacy with the listener. This is why I listen..

My name is Matt Scalf, 21 years old and I have an addiction to headphones.

Apr 5, 2010 at 2:10 PM Post #42 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by grokit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That sounds like a lot of headphones, me thinks you need to update your profile
biggrin.gif

Its not all headphones, but it was headphone related, for example: I "had" to buy a new Macbook Pro.. then it "had" to have an 8GB ram upgrade and "had" to have a 500GB hard disk upgrade... Then I "had" to have the fancy wireless keyboard and magic mouse, and dont get me started on buying all new software because I'm trying to do everything in OSx that I was very comfortable doing in Win7 and then running Win7 in a VM anyways... This all amounted to about $5k

Then there was an obsession with getting all new cables and the uDac and the MicroDac and the Little Dot and.......

wow... i really do have a problem... <crying>

Apr 6, 2010 at 2:07 AM Post #44 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by btf1980 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Define "so many headphones". Son, if the amount of headphones you own are not in the double digits, then you have no problem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazarus Short /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about a Head-Fi twelve step program???

I'm good - sold my Stax rig to another Head-Fier some weeks ago, and the trembling has now subsided...

LOL, those two really gave me a good laugh...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkinsman07 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
</snip>
Well to answer your questions somewhere in there, i have roughly 31(ish) headphones
</snip>

Well, I guess he does have a problem then ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back