Why do I buy so many headphones?!??!
Apr 3, 2010 at 3:51 PM Post #17 of 51
The all-in bet, playing poker with your ears can be tricky
wink.gif

Apr 3, 2010 at 5:06 PM Post #20 of 51
YOU NEED TO SWITCH DRUGS!!!!Turn your Headphone drug into a nice MUSIC laced drug! Start out with CDs hit a few down loaded tunes, then my friend jump in feet first and start buyin' the VINYL!!!!! The Vinyl LPs will make you sick at first but then you'll start to feel the euphoric high that only "The MUSIC" can take and keep you there!! Go EASY MY SON!!

Apr 3, 2010 at 8:37 PM Post #22 of 51
Come on, buy the Grado SR325is. You know you want one...
wink.gif

Apr 3, 2010 at 9:13 PM Post #23 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Come on, buy the Grado SR325is. You know you want one...
wink.gif

Being improperly driven (amped), they won't sound much better than an improperly driven SR-80i.
OTOH, the Ultrasone Edition 8...

Apr 4, 2010 at 2:19 AM Post #25 of 51
Maybe im the minority here.... But i have no tendency to buy a new set of cans at all.
I bought a DT880 when i started this hobby 1.5 year ago. 6 months ago i bought a SR325is because i it just had to be in my inventory. Never regregted it a moment.
With my current setup i have no complaints at all and with a GS-1 on the way(4 months now, justin hurry already!) I'm feeling very much ok.
I am enjoying music more then ever.

Apr 4, 2010 at 7:59 AM Post #27 of 51
Psst..... hey buddy, over here look what I got. Everybody's doing it.

I think it's like buying into the community. Everyone wants to at least try out all the stuff being talked about. You can invest a little at a time and cash in your chips down the road for that one last piece, err nevermind.

Apr 4, 2010 at 9:04 AM Post #28 of 51
Yea, there's a lot of stuff to try, no matter what your "level" is. I myself foresee selling all my mid-fi gear someday and having just a few pieces of total top-tier stuff (Stax, JH13, balanced, etc.), but right now I am having a blast with all my single-ended gear and I want to try it all! Well I don't really want to, it is a problem that I buy a lot more than I sell at this point but I can't stop... I just made an offer on a pair of 2nd hand (whatevers), and I am kind of hoping the seller gets a better offer, as I totally don't need them but I WANT them, lol. iIt may be some kind of a crazy symptom of really deep emotional issues, replacing the love I didn't get as a child or something
ph34r.gif

PS: I might be over-complicating this, it could be as simple as the explanation in my sig...
...OTOH, maybe I should change it to "so many headphones, to buy and try before you die"
beerchug.gif

Apr 4, 2010 at 2:54 PM Post #29 of 51
How about a Head-Fi twelve step program???

I'm good - sold my Stax rig to another Head-Fier some weeks ago, and the trembling has now subsided...

Apr 4, 2010 at 3:36 PM Post #30 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3602 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Being improperly driven (amped), they won't sound much better than an improperly driven SR-80i.
OTOH, the Ultrasone Edition 8...

Then buy a suitable amplifier to go with it. *wink*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back