Why do all our voices sound different?
Sep 10, 2010 at 5:40 PM Post #16 of 19
The perceptability of the human ear to differentiate voices is also important in this. Maybe there was some advantage for prehistoric man/woman? hear his baby cry etc? Quite an interesting OP ! - Makes a change from arguing about ATH-M50's bass.

Sep 11, 2010 at 1:49 AM Post #17 of 19

Quote:
I remember reading that women's voices are supposed to be more musical, which makes them harder to conceptualize, and consequently that's why most people who hallucinate hear male voices.

Perhaps someone who hears voices can verify this?

Nah, I hear female voices...and they sound hot. 

Wait, are we talking about hallucination or fantasizing?  Whats the difference?

Sep 11, 2010 at 4:49 AM Post #18 of 19
I think the reason 'why' is because whoever/whatever created the universe knew it would be really lame if everyone sounded the same.

But anyway, this thread is awesome! Quite an interesting read.

plus ^^ hot female voices... mmm...

Sep 11, 2010 at 3:03 PM Post #19 of 19

I never thought of the ears having to do with voices, but makse sense.. &, yes, when Alicia Keyes says my name (Michael) I turn to jello.. So hot when a female vocalist says your name. It's like they are talking directly to you..

Quote:
The perceptability of the human ear to differentiate voices is also important in this. Maybe there was some advantage for prehistoric man/woman? hear his baby cry etc? Quite an interesting OP ! - Makes a change from arguing about ATH-M50's bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back