Why did you join headfi?
Oct 25, 2010 at 10:29 PM Post #18 of 144
same as a lot of other people on here- trying to find a pair of headphones for my new ipod and this site popped up.

Oct 25, 2010 at 11:26 PM Post #19 of 144
To begin with, it was the pay-for-posts program, which helped me get a lot of the gear I have. I also find the Headphoneus Supremus Forum really interesting - the best discussions go on in there.

Lately, the moderator pay has kept me interested, especially the bonuses and all the free gear we get for meeting various quotas.

It's a good deal.

Blackbird, people come and go. Why don't you step up and become more of a personality here? You don't have to buy or own a lot of stuff, just show up, help out, start threads that you think would make for good conversation, and so on. The more people we have doing that, the more others will join in.

Oct 25, 2010 at 11:41 PM Post #20 of 144
People here are much nicer than the Korean forums, though I have a hard time writing in English
jecklinsmile.gif

Oct 25, 2010 at 11:46 PM Post #21 of 144

Quote:
To begin with, it was the pay-for-posts program, which helped me get a lot of the gear I have. I also find the Headphoneus Supremus Forum really interesting - the best discussions go on in there.

Theres a headphoneus supremus forum?!

Oct 26, 2010 at 12:24 AM Post #24 of 144
I met a person while on vacation visiting my family in florida last year and seen some strange plugs in his ears , so me being curious i asked and he explained. When i returned home i joined. I have always been into audio ie. car, home theater, concerts etc. I have always loved music and after joining now i know how to HEAR it properly. Peopl have been very helpful along the way, and the knowledge gained is priceless. Cheers

P.S. Oh BTW those strange plugs in that persons ears were Jh11 customs.
wink_face.gif

Oct 26, 2010 at 1:27 AM Post #25 of 144
Quote:
I met a person while on vacation visiting my family in florida last year and seen some strange plugs in his ears , so me being curious i asked and he explained. When i returned home i joined. I have always been into audio ie. car, home theater, concerts etc. I have always loved music and after joining now i know how to HEAR it properly. Peopl have been very helpful along the way, and the knowledge gained is priceless. Cheers

P.S. Oh BTW those strange plugs in that persons ears were Jh11 customs.
wink_face.gif

Which Head-Fier was it?
biggrin.gif

I'm the same, music is my only real passion in life. I was looking to upgrade the stock buds that came with my new ipod as I felt the sound was lacking. Got on the internet and read about how the $30 Apple ibuds were so much better (which they are) but then I found this website...

~$5k later... /laughs hysterically...
confused_face.gif

o2smile.gif

Oct 26, 2010 at 1:45 AM Post #26 of 144
I was looking for good headphones for about $100 and ended up buying the Sennheiser HD280's. Then I stumbled onto this place and started ridiculing the headphone geeks.

Then I signed up.
redface.gif

Oct 26, 2010 at 2:34 AM Post #29 of 144
I've been transcribing music for several years. Whatever I like, I arrange it for piano. Back then I transcribed from computer speakers to cheap headphones. Sometimes I became frustrated because of the lack of details; I feel like I was missing something. You can probably guess what I did next when I googled for headphones while attaching the keyword "forums" at the end
beerchug.gif
Yes, I attach "forums" at every single product I research. I couldn't be happier. Thank god head-fi exists
popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back