Why did you choose your username?
Sep 4, 2011 at 1:41 AM Post #303 of 376
My name is basically a fancier way of typing parallel. In electronics, parallel ciruits are a lot better choice for connecting things. In computers, parallel connections are a lot faster compared to serial connections (sometimes they are beaten but it is not because of the connections themselves) and in math, parallel lines are lines that never cross, which IMO means they don't cross the line in certain things. (doesn't make much sense, but they are good metaphors). Oh and I like the way parallel lines look aesthetically.  

Sep 4, 2011 at 2:03 AM Post #304 of 376
My nickname has been Moose and in 08 when I joined I had a red car.

Sep 4, 2011 at 2:52 AM Post #305 of 376

Quote:
My name is basically a fancier way of typing parallel. In electronics, parallel ciruits are a lot better choice for connecting things. In computers, parallel connections are a lot faster compared to serial connections (sometimes they are beaten but it is not because of the connections themselves) and in math, parallel lines are lines that never cross, which IMO means they don't cross the line in certain things. (doesn't make much sense, but they are good metaphors). Oh and I like the way parallel lines look aesthetically.  

Well serial I/O connections tend to be faster but yeah :wink:

Sep 4, 2011 at 3:15 AM Post #306 of 376
It means   -    Have A Great Day!

Sep 4, 2011 at 11:09 PM Post #308 of 376
My username is very simple. Jackwess = Jack wessels 
biggrin.gif

Sep 5, 2011 at 12:08 PM Post #309 of 376
 Just cause I like Hifi.... And drumming.

Sep 5, 2011 at 6:49 PM Post #312 of 376
Umm, my first 7 choices weren't available ?

Sep 5, 2011 at 9:37 PM Post #314 of 376
Its short, easy to remember, and its the name of a company that at one time owned the patent on a very interesting chemical that has been known to make some people dance uncontrollable to music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back