Why did the 1970's 'wood trim everywhere' fell out of favor?
Sep 21, 2010 at 4:10 AM Post #16 of 27

Quote:
My Father and Mother conceived me in 1961 in a Mercury Woody in a parking lot, while Dick Dale was playing guitar at the Rondavue Ballroom in Newport Beach California. A couple of years ago I told this to Dick Dale over the phone and all he could say was "Heavy". HAHA

Bet you were not the only one.

Sep 22, 2010 at 12:58 AM Post #17 of 27
Yes, well my Dad loved his Woodie. Where else can an 18 year old get a $45.oo usd car that does so much. Half surfboard carrier and half RV. We saw an old Mercury Woodie together and it had the curtains and bed in the back. Amazing how much those things are worth now!
A very romantic life style as a teen I'm sure.

Sep 23, 2010 at 9:21 AM Post #21 of 27

Quote:
Yes, I wish I was living in the 70's. Things were honest and simple. Yes we didn't know about AIDS, but right now even if we know it, we can't cure it, right?

I wouldn't call the depths of the Cold War 'honest and simple,' and let us not forget Nixon...

Sep 23, 2010 at 6:21 PM Post #23 of 27
Update II: Saw a Buick Roadmaster wagon. Wood-grain, deep-purple paint. Took a peek inside and it actually looked very good (albeit seats are worn).
Seriously, if I ever need a car, it would either be a second-hand Ford Ranger or a second-hand wood-grain full size station wagon. Because Plymouth Superbirds are impossible to get.

Sep 23, 2010 at 7:27 PM Post #24 of 27

Quote:
Update II: Saw a Buick Roadmaster wagon. Wood-grain, deep-purple paint. Took a peek inside and it actually looked very good (albeit seats are worn).
Seriously, if I ever need a car, it would either be a second-hand Ford Ranger or a second-hand wood-grain full size station wagon. Because Plymouth Superbirds are impossible to get.

The Buicks style wise were absolute classics,and the mighty 455 left many a Mopar in its dust.

Sep 23, 2010 at 10:41 PM Post #25 of 27

Quote:
Yes, I wish I was living in the 70's. Things were honest and simple. Yes we didn't know about AIDS, but right now even if we know it, we can't cure it, right?

No you don't.  Record crime rate, inflation, burnt-out hippies, pollution, shortages of everything, polyester, 8-track, disco.  You didn't miss much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back