Why did my capacitors blown?
Oct 21, 2007 at 4:07 PM Post #31 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by NelsonVandal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can see no blown components at all. Exactly what is the problem. Is it totally dead? No sound? Faulty sound?

Very strange, I can't see any battery connectors on the board. How do you connect the batteries? Have you tried the amp with two non-rechargable batteries (if you do, do NOT connect the PSU).

OK, stupid question time. I don't see any pictures other than of the power supply. Are the internals posted somewhere or a link I missed?

Oct 21, 2007 at 4:13 PM Post #32 of 46
I would suggest that at this point further troubleshooting is not worthwhile, after all you're using the PS recommended by the manufacturer, right? I would send them the amp and the PS and ask them to tell you what is wrong, if they offer any warranty they owe you this. If I've got that wrong and you're using some different wallwart I don't know what to tell you other than something is not right.

I still question the use of 20V caps that appear to be seeing the full rail voltage. I would suggest sending ppl a message and pointing him to this thread for further explanation of the amp's power supply section.

Oct 21, 2007 at 4:13 PM Post #33 of 46
Wotan1,

Please buy a cheap digital multimeter if you want to diagnose the issue. Everything here is speculation until we get some data. If you can't or won't buy a multimeter then your only recourse is to deal with the manufacturer. If so, you may want to send everything to PPL and let him take a look at it. That includes the adapter.

Oct 21, 2007 at 4:16 PM Post #34 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by holland /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK, stupid question time. I don't see any pictures other than of the power supply. Are the internals posted somewhere or a link I missed?

ygpm

Oct 21, 2007 at 4:19 PM Post #35 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would suggest that at this point further troubleshooting is not worthwhile, after all you're using the PS recommended by the manufacturer, right? I would send them the amp and the PS and ask them to tell you what is wrong, if they offer any warranty they owe you this. If I've got that wrong and you're using some different wallwart I don't know what to tell you other than something is not right.

Thanks for helping.

It sure was an interesting sunday afternoon.

Oct 21, 2007 at 5:51 PM Post #37 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wotan1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I tried again to revive the amp at 18 volt.
I connected the amp to the PSU at 18v to charge the batteriesm with center positive plugs (110% sure) After a couple of hours I disconnected the PSU and switched on the amp and now sure I smelled something burning. I first thought it was the PSU, but I tried again and smelled the amp burning.

So now I have really done it.

I'm lost..

I give up.

Thanks guys for helping.

Not sure what to do any more. Will contact Brad and Phil. This is sure Murphy's law and nightmare..

Oct 21, 2007 at 6:41 PM Post #39 of 46
I don not think so..

But here it is..

Thanks for helping...

P1010238.jpg

Oct 21, 2007 at 7:09 PM Post #41 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by holland /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, it looks fine.

Well, you're back to buying a DMM or send it back to get fixed and buy the recommended power supply instead of this thing.

What's a DMM? The recommend elpac has 110v (US) input. I asked Elpac EU, but they could not advise on a EU matching replacement.

So i'm back to square one, thanks for helping.

Oct 22, 2007 at 3:03 AM Post #43 of 46
Wotan1
I do not understand why you are complaining publicly on your problems with your LISA III XP. We have been in almost constant PM contact since you have had this issue with your first amp. You complained publicly that you have had no response from TRIAD Audio even thought you and I have been in constant PM contact for several days prior to your posting sutch leaving people to believe you have heard nothing in response to your issues and that IYHO nothing was being done about it. Then you go posting on wanting others to diagnose your amp issues claiming Triad audio dose not know what is wrong with your amp. I personally serviced your amp and I do know what is wrong with it and have told you so on many occasions in PM.

There comes a time in interpersonal and Business relationships where one party is so much of a burden that it makes very little since to continue the relationship. Since all that you have done is post slanderous public statements that are not based on fact I personally do not want you as a customer and I am advising Brad to refund your money and may I suggest you contact another manufacture to supply your Amp requirements.

Oct 22, 2007 at 3:49 AM Post #44 of 46
Phil,

Just as a matter of pure curiosity (unrelated to the issues with this amp) could you please explain to me whether or not C4 (in your schematic) is seeing the full rail to rail voltage?

Thanks,

Nate

Oct 22, 2007 at 4:22 AM Post #45 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by ppl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wotan1
I do not understand why you are complaining publicly on your problems with your LISA III XP. We have been in almost constant PM contact since you have had this issue with your first amp. You complained publicly that you have had no response from TRIAD Audio even thought you and I have been in constant PM contact for several days prior to your posting sutch leaving people to believe you have heard nothing in response to your issues and that IYHO nothing was being done about it. Then you go posting on wanting others to diagnose your amp issues claiming Triad audio dose not know what is wrong with your amp. I personally serviced your amp and I do know what is wrong with it and have told you so on many occasions in PM.

There comes a time in interpersonal and Business relationships where one party is so much of a burden that it makes very little since to continue the relationship. Since all that you have done is post slanderous public statements that are not based on fact I personally do not want you as a customer and I am advising Brad to refund your money and may I suggest you contact another manufacture to supply your Amp requirements.

Phil,

I'm sorry, i really did not ment it this way. I just wanted to have input for the problem as I do not understand what went wrong. I hope this was not intererpreted this way by readers en helpers.

I mentioned a couple of times in the thread that this is my bad luck and that no others have experienced issues that I have and that I would recommend this amp to everyone. It's a great amp and I just want this to work. Will contact Brad.

Again sorry...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back