Why can't I post my items for sale here?
Aug 7, 2008 at 11:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

hifivo

New Head-Fier
I just joined.
k701smile.gif

Seems like a happening place for audio related stuff.
I am trying to place an ad for my items but the forum will not allow me to post the ad up?

Am I doing something wrong? What are the restrictions here.

I am from Melbourne Australia.

Thank You : )

Aug 7, 2008 at 1:03 PM Post #2 of 11
Aug 7, 2008 at 3:07 PM Post #3 of 11
Welcome to Head-Fi!
biggrin.gif

"Rule" #1. Read the sticky threads, as they are sticky for a reason...

Aug 8, 2008 at 3:56 PM Post #6 of 11
I am in your boat. While I appreciate the basis for doing this (ie. to prevent scammers), I am not so sure I agree with the quantity of posts required. I would suggest that this be perhaps a combination of posts/replies and time. I have been a member for over 1 year, but have very little posts as headphones are very secondary to my regular system. Additionally, because I have little to no expertise in this area (headphones specifically), I just don't feel as qualified as others to offer my opinions. It would be nice if there were a different approach they used, but I understand and do appreciate my perception as to the rationale.

FWIW, just list your item for sale in a thread that is discussing the same topic. That is what I did with an second pair of JVC HD 1000 headphones and they sold in about 2 days! I do have 100% positive feedback on Audiogon with over 50 transactions and also will deliver the JVC's in person, to everybody's benefit.

Aug 8, 2008 at 4:26 PM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by ckoffend /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Additionally, because I have little to no expertise in this area (headphones specifically), I just don't feel as qualified as others to offer my opinions. It would be nice if there were a different approach they used, but I understand and do appreciate my perception as to the rationale.

I know exactly what you mean.
triportsad.gif

Or I do know something: that I don't know enough.
redface.gif

Aug 8, 2008 at 4:32 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by ckoffend /img/forum/go_quote.gif
FWIW, just list your item for sale in a thread that is discussing the same topic. That is what I did with an second pair of JVC HD 1000 headphones and they sold in about 2 days!

That is against the FS forum rules (read the sticky threads).
very_evil_smiley.gif

So quite bad advice.

Aug 12, 2008 at 1:41 AM Post #9 of 11
By no means do I consider myself an audiophile, but I do have some gear I would like to sell on these forums. So, I only opine on stuff that I've had experience with. There are also other forums that you could go to such as the "members lounge". There you can make comments on random stuff and gradually build your post count.
wink.gif

Aug 12, 2008 at 5:40 AM Post #10 of 11
^^^ One more post and you can sell stuff. Plus I haven't posted in a while and thought I would check my post count.
I have some things to sell and would rather sell them here to somebody that will appreciate it.

Aug 12, 2008 at 5:52 AM Post #11 of 11
This question comes up quite often, which is to be expected since it's easy for new members to get confused about such matters before reading the Rules and Terms of Use.

But once the question has been asked and answered, there really isn't any need to keep such threads open. So I'm closing this thread for now, and will see you all again once the question comes up next time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back