Why Bithead banned from portable Amp comparaison thread ?
Aug 7, 2007 at 5:22 PM Post #17 of 26
Interesting !!!

Particularly for me as i'll receive Cantate soon and see the difference in sound of both brand
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by ailevin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
First impressions in another forum; the TBH is good, the Move has more appealing sound to this amateur:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=254191

Alan

Aug 7, 2007 at 6:39 PM Post #19 of 26
Maybe you should read the 2 thread in mentioned at the begining of this thread to have a idea of other Amp of this kind
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by pesciolino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what amp would be comparable to the bithead in price and quality ~ maybe a "bit" step up in quality?

Aug 7, 2007 at 8:03 PM Post #21 of 26
Quote:

what amp would be comparable to the bithead in price and quality ~ maybe a "bit" step up in quality?

I would say that the Move and TBH are comparable in price and quality. Not that long ago TBH was $269, then $199, now $149 plus $10 shipping. Move is $240 shipped I think. Both are DAC/Amp combos, cross feed, high/low gain settings. Some difference in features and pluses/minuses for each.

I prefer the sound of the Move, so to me it is a bit of a step up in sound quality, and the TBH is a bit of a better buy if the difference is dollars is important to you. To me the difference in cost is small for the improvement in sound. It is all very subjective, which is why I bothered to get them both and compare them myself. I wanted to see if I could hear enough difference to cause me to pay more money.

Alan

Aug 7, 2007 at 8:49 PM Post #22 of 26
I can't tell you as my experrience in Amp are for now limited to Bithead, i just can tell you that he give me all i wanted from him

Quote:

what would you recommend, lerio? (i mean personally)

Aug 7, 2007 at 11:04 PM Post #24 of 26
Any of the top 10 amps in Skylabs review without a DAC will service you. It depends on what features you want and budget.

I think this new generation of amps are really improved over what was available a few short years ago, and they are less money.

Aug 7, 2007 at 11:37 PM Post #25 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You guys are very kind
smily_headphones1.gif

I will be getting a loaner of the Headroom new version of the Microamp to review when the new model comes out.

Exciting
smily_headphones1.gif
. Thanks in advance. Your review has helped me and others I know make a decision on which amp to buy
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back