Why are Head-Fi links being REDIRECTED??
Jul 14, 2009 at 4:39 PM Post #16 of 21
(This thread was just brought to my attention.)

Head-Fi is an associated SkimLinks publisher. The redirects you see have to do with the picking up of affiliate links by SkimLinks as a part of the process.

So, for example, if a link to Best Buy is posted (I'm not sure if Best Buy is a related affiliate or not), SkimLinks will redirect the link through our affiliate relationship, thus earning revenue for Head-Fi.

Jul 14, 2009 at 4:42 PM Post #17 of 21
^ Sounds good to me.

Nothing more to see here

Jul 14, 2009 at 5:44 PM Post #19 of 21
Excellent! Thank you for the explanation.

Jul 14, 2009 at 7:24 PM Post #20 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by jude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
(This thread was just brought to my attention.)

Head-Fi is an associated SkimLinks publisher. The redirects you see have to do with the picking up of affiliate links by SkimLinks as a part of the process.

So, for example, if a link to Best Buy is posted (I'm not sure if Best Buy is a related affiliate or not), SkimLinks will redirect the link through our affiliate relationship, thus earning revenue for Head-Fi.

Jude ... Thanks for answering. I was 'hoping' it was earning Head-Fi revenue but was uncertain. As such, I feel more comfortable with posted links and will take a more active approach in getting Trend to acknowledge Redirector as a safe web tool to avoid future issues.

Jul 14, 2009 at 8:05 PM Post #21 of 21
Jude, thanks for the clarification.
Since Head-Fi earn revenue by this redirection I am perfectly fine with them doing so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back