Whose side are you on: Conan or Leno?
Jan 14, 2010 at 8:26 AM Post #31 of 112
I think both are good. Conan is better with sketches, but Jay's got some good monologue and of course Headlines which I always get a kick out of.

If I had to pick though it'd probably be Conan.

Jan 14, 2010 at 8:38 AM Post #32 of 112
Did anyone watch the Tonight Show (just finished)? Ricky Gervais and Conan had a riot-cracking jokes about NBC all night. Fantastic!

Jan 14, 2010 at 8:39 AM Post #33 of 112
Now is Craig Ferguson's turn.....

Jan 14, 2010 at 9:09 AM Post #34 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by revolink24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Conan is funnier. Leno is more of a gentleman, by far. As great as comedy is, I can't side with the person I respect less, and the man I have greater respect for is Leno.

Leno is a pretty good guy. I haven't actually met him, but my cousin is a serious amateur racer and I've seen Leno out at the track. He wanders around like anyone else and is friendly and gracious with the public. A lot of celebs aren't anything like that.

Many years ago, I did get a thumbs up from Leno on the freeway while driving my old Comet around.
smily_headphones1.gif
Can't help but like the guy.

Jan 14, 2010 at 9:15 AM Post #35 of 112
I don't watch neither so i could care less. I'm more of a letterman guy.

Jan 14, 2010 at 9:51 AM Post #36 of 112
Always Conan, though I liked the show more in New York. LA is a crappy city.

Jan 14, 2010 at 2:28 PM Post #37 of 112
I love me some Conan and would take him over Leno any day of the week, but it is just a sh**ty situation for all sides. Leno's new show's ratings suck enough that affiliates are furious and NBC isn't making the kind of money it expected to off the show, Conan's Tonight Show ratings suck enough that bumping him doesn't seem like a terrible idea to stem the bleeding.

Jan 14, 2010 at 7:26 PM Post #42 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Many years ago, I did get a thumbs up from Leno on the freeway while driving my old Comet around.
smily_headphones1.gif
Can't help but like the guy.

That's really cool.

Jan 14, 2010 at 9:08 PM Post #44 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyingInABlueDream /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Conan is way funnier than Leno.

I could not have said it better, too bad Leno has a slightly large audience tho in a different time slot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back