Whose Customer Service ranks the best and worst ?
Dec 3, 2004 at 6:57 PM Post #17 of 31
Top Class-Acts!!

Ray Samuels : Emmeline
Mikhail Rotenberg : Singlepower Audio
Ivy / Jamey : Headroom
Todd : Todd the vinyl junkie
sugarfried : Shure rep on HeadFi
Jon Tsukiji JMT : jmtaudio
Mark : Voodoochile on HeadFi
Grado : no questions asked headband replacement
Sennheiser : no questions asked headband pads and earpads replacement after a HD-580 wore out the pads within 4 months

Bad Experiences :

sacdmods : rude rebuttal when I purchased a source from someone who had a spot in the line and I asked that I take the same spot...now why wouldnt he agree to do this is beyond me
mad.gif
I am not going to him for mods...i'll find someone else to do the same job for me
plainface.gif

Sony : rudely refused to send me pdf manuals for my D-EJ1000 and later on repeated the same dirty act when I asked for manuals for my Sony DVP-NS500V. I found the D-EJ1000 manuals but couldnt find the NS-500V manuals...Raul (rsaavedra) had to send a copy to me.

Dec 3, 2004 at 7:07 PM Post #18 of 31
Ahhh, Guru reminded me. I have dealt with Headroom's Ivy and Jamey on a few occasions. Saying they were accomodating would be an understatement. I would not hesitate to deal with Headroom at any time.

Dec 3, 2004 at 7:45 PM Post #19 of 31
I've received excellent customer service from the following vendors:

Larry at Headphile for my IC needs (artistry applied to the mundane)
Norm at Headsave for my headphone amp resources (innovation and dedication at work)
Jamey at Headroom (headphones - delivering music, my life blood)
Frank at Signal Cable (his Analog II has such synergy with my current rig)
Gary at Panda Thumb Audio (those sorbothane PandaFeet are AWESONE)

they've all won my confidence to buy from them and justified
that confidence with their speed of product delivery,
friendly, helpful support before AND after the sale, and the high quality
and great value of the products they sell.

Dec 3, 2004 at 7:51 PM Post #20 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
Sony : rudely refused to send me pdf manuals for my D-EJ1000 and later on repeated the same dirty act when I asked for manuals for my Sony DVP-NS500V. I found the D-EJ1000 manuals but couldnt find the NS-500V manuals...Raul (rsaavedra) had to send a copy to me.

Guru not to trying to be a pain in the neck, but did you ask them to send you the manuals free of charge for any chance?
Just asking, becasue Sony manuals are sold as any other part number (for $6.00 or so)....and most of them are downloadable in PDF format...BTW I found in two or three clicks the PDF for the DVP-NS500V, in the Sony website, if you want a copy let me know, I downloaded one for you as i do not have this player...

Dec 3, 2004 at 8:03 PM Post #21 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller
Guru not to trying to be a pain in the neck, but did you ask them to send you the manuals free of charge for any chance?
Just asking, becasue Sony manuals are sold as any other part number (for $6.00 or so)....and most of them are downloadable in PDF format...BTW I found in two or three clicks the PDF for the DVP-NS500V, in the Sony website, if you want a copy let me know, I downloaded one for you as i do not have this player...

It is up there?? I couldnt find it. And being customer service couldnt they have told me where to find it? given me the link? emailed me the pdf file?
They werent even polite about it. They freakin hung up on me
mad.gif

Dec 3, 2004 at 8:14 PM Post #22 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
It is up there?? I couldnt find it. And being customer service couldnt they have told me where to find it? given me the link? emailed me the pdf file?
They werent even polite about it. They freakin hung up on me
mad.gif

You had a terrible bad luck budy, sometimes you got someone with a bad day...LOL...

BTW I tried to link the website to here, and this doesn't work, so probably is one of those pages that does not allow you to link, so you have to try it yourself.

IMO they do not email PDFs as they are trying to sell the paper manuals first to the persons that call, intead of browsing, and OTOH why emailing them, if they are on the site for the public use? And that is the only reason why the manual are on the website in the first instance, to be used by the public...well if you still want it, or need it, I have it, PM your email address....or if you preffer I could tell you where to get it step by step, you are just three or four clicks away.....
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Dec 3, 2004 at 8:26 PM Post #23 of 31
Nobody mentioned Creative yet? They gave me enough confidence in their support & products that I will never purchase anything from them again. Another company who bent me over was Zbuy.com. It took them about 2 months to get me a refund after they shipped me the wrong product and then charged me a restocking fee to return it.

On the other hand there's companies like Mwave, ZipZoomFly & Newegg who go above & beyond the call of duty to make sure their customers are taken care of. I've had good experiences with both TTVJ & Idealsound as well.

Dec 3, 2004 at 8:33 PM Post #24 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller
You had a terrible bad luck budy, sometimes you got someone with a bad day...LOL...

Unfortunately for them - I cannot keep calling every day to find out if they are having a good day or not - to get my work done.

Honestly - if they want to force people into buying manuals and if this is the reason why they dont want to send out pdf files, then they just screwed with the wrong guy.

I have only one sony product left in my hands - the Sony scd-c222-es source which I have no intention of selling anytime soon. But once it is gone - that will be it...quits between me and the wankers at sony.

Quote:

BTW I tried to link the website to here, and this doesn't work, so probably is one of those pages that does not allow you to link, so you have to try it yourself

Precisely - I found the link to the pdf file too but it didnt work
rolleyes.gif
I thought you had found a working link, downloaded it and checked
tongue.gif

Quote:

well if you still want it, or need it, I have it, PM your email address....or if you preffer I could tell you where to get it step by step, you are just three or four clicks away.....
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Nah. I sold the NS-500V and have the manuals for my scd-c222-es so thank you
wink.gif

Sony CS = wankahs
mad.gif

Dec 3, 2004 at 8:37 PM Post #25 of 31
Wanted to add a few more :-

Rudistor - www.rudistor.com - Excellent service despite the distance. He kept his word, did some serious upgrades to my amp despite the fact that I had sold it. Fantastic sound and a fantastic experience with Rudolfo.

Woo Audio - www.wooaudio.com - Brilliant guy. Sent me his amps to review without any question. He is quick to reply to emails and is very polite.

Dell : I had a Dell DJ. Stopped working for some reason. Dell had a local rep drive over, check out my DJ, confirm that it was dead, handed me a brand new Dell DJ and took off
eek.gif

Perhaps this is because they have an arrangement with my university but whatever...superb CS!!
eek.gif

Dec 3, 2004 at 8:57 PM Post #26 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by bLue_oNioN
Westone - Most wonderful customer experience, bar none. These people will go to incredible lengths to take care of you.

DITTO!!!

ALSO, TODD, JAN, JMT, RAY, MIKHAIL, ETYMOTIC

Dec 3, 2004 at 9:15 PM Post #28 of 31
AudioCubes has always been top notch. Reply to emails instantly, accomodate all needs that they can, and ship fast too. Top notch service across the board. Of course, as a grey market exporter, there are some things they just can't do (returns), but for everything that they can do, they are top notch.

HeadRoom's very good too. Their prices aren't the best, but you're guaranteed top notch service.

Dec 4, 2004 at 2:54 AM Post #30 of 31
First off I'll say the worst: Grado

In their effort to make business life easier for themselves, they've turned their backs completely on potential customers in Europe, allowing distrubutors to charge up to four times the price. Strictly speaking, this kind of price gauging is illegal in the EU, but only if anyone bothers to complain.

Tyll at Headroom tried to fight the good fight to allow international sales, but Grado turned a deaf ear to its customers. Many of us sent emails, rationally stating our case. A customer should never have to beg to be allowed to buy a product for a reasonable price. Most emails were ignored. Right. You don't want our business then, we don't want your products.

And now in no particular order:

Headroom - Too many good experiences to list, but the service here is top notch!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan Meier - Jan has been a saint, or a devil...depending on your point of view...
wink.gif
He's led me down the dark path of audio enlightenment.

Todd - quick and hassle-free. No complaints from me here!
smily_headphones1.gif

Xin - also quick and hassle-free.

Norm at Headsave - excellent customer service so that you feel like you're the only customer

Fiddler - see the description of Norm.
wink.gif

Headphile - superfast shipping and top notch build quality

The Ear Plug Store - friendly knowledgable staff and quick to process shipping and returns.

Ultimate Ears - They can make you feel as if you're the only customer

Sensaphonics - slow to the email game, and they're having some problems communicating with customers while experiencing a backlog, but name any other headphone maker that says "Oh, I'll be in Europe in the fall, and I'll be meeting an audiologist from Helsinki. I'll let you know when I get back." And then remembers you to that audiologist a month later, and remembers to email you about it when he gets back. That's the core of how Sensaphonics does things.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back