who's your least favorite singer?
Sep 15, 2007 at 3:26 AM Post #77 of 204
Neil Young is far and away my least favorite singer of all-time.

Sep 16, 2007 at 4:40 AM Post #78 of 204
Ethel Merman - she shouts, she doesn't sing; just not my cup of tea I guess!
Of course, a lot of folks here probably have never heard of her, but, IMHO, they're not missing anything.
tongue.gif

Holly

Oct 2, 2007 at 8:22 AM Post #80 of 204
Any modern pop rock groups with those horrible scratchy and harsh vocals.

Oct 2, 2007 at 1:25 PM Post #81 of 204
Bjork (I call her Bjerk). I know she does it for some people and has undoubted talent. Personally, I just can't stand her vocalisations and style. There has to be an easier way.

Bob Dylan. I know where he's coming from and I'm pretty sure his lyrics are very meaningful. I just can't stand his voice. Ditto for Neil Young.

Every single vocal on Air's 10,000Hz Legend. Way to alienate your fanbase completely.

Oct 2, 2007 at 1:58 PM Post #82 of 204
Look... there has been some solid responses so far, BUT.....

The singer from 'Ween' from the track 'Push th' Little Daises'

I dare anyone to listen to that track three times in a row. Just be warned keep all sharp objects out of reach while playing it.

...Worst ever.

Oct 3, 2007 at 2:11 AM Post #86 of 204
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bjork (I call her Bjerk). I know she does it for some people and has undoubted talent. Personally, I just can't stand her vocalisations and style.Bob Dylan. just can't stand his voice. Ditto for Neil Young.

Agree with Bjork/Bjerk and Bob Dylan. But Neil Young?. . . ahh, I love him
frown.gif

But then I remember a long time ago when my 8-year-old daughter heard him for the first time and asked me innocently where I bought a Kermit the Frog CD. I still listen to him a lot, except now he sings out of Kermit's head
plainface.gif

I'd also like to add the blood-curdling throat-slashing Celine Dion . . . and, shoot me if you will, but the boring and needless warbling of Whitney and Mariah Carey drives me crazy. I would like to arrange a hit on all three
icon10.gif

Oct 3, 2007 at 2:27 AM Post #87 of 204
that emo guy that from... er wait lemme check.. ya that's the one, "my chemical romance" constantly overacting in the videos, if you want to wail do it right and take notes from kurt cobain, and while we're on the list add Billy Corgan to it also.. pumpkins rock but i've always felt that nasal whine was over rated

Oct 3, 2007 at 3:01 AM Post #88 of 204
worst:
Scott Stapp
Axel Rose
the Dream Theater dude
Jim Croce
John Denver
the dude from SOAD

best:
Jim Morrison
Greg Allman
CSN&Y