Jun 9, 2005 at 12:33 AM Post #8 of 204
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozric
Michael Bolton

You said it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
Rodd Stewart

If Rod Stewart doesn't cut it out (I believe someone on this forum said "coughing up a lung all over the Great American Songbook," or something to that effect
600smile.gif
), then he's going to the top of the list.

Jun 9, 2005 at 1:28 AM Post #9 of 204
Conor Oberst. DIE!
tongue.gif

No, I will retract that since he is not a traditional vocalist but more of a songwriter. I just hate his voice.

My least favorite singer is actually Jessica Simpson. I know she can hit high notes and all that, but her voice is so jarring to me. She doesn't know how to interpret songs when she sings, she always overdoes it. Just terrible.

Jun 9, 2005 at 2:23 AM Post #11 of 204
Charlotte Church and Andrea Bocelli. they are the "classical" equivalents of Celine Dion and Michael Bolton. And while I'm being negative, I might as well throw in Sarah Brightman and Ronan Tynan (who sings God Bless America as if it were a funeral dirge).
eek.gif

Jun 9, 2005 at 2:25 AM Post #12 of 204
Quote:

Originally Posted by markl
Yoko Ono.

I'll second that one!!
eek.gif

Jun 9, 2005 at 3:26 AM Post #15 of 204
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevesurf
...and here is an interesting link for the worst musicians ever - I can't say I agree with many of their choices

No kidding! Quote:

6. Kansas
13. Mick Jagger
21. The Alan Parsons Project
22. Primus
25. Jamiroquai
34. Live
35. Paul Oakenfold
37. The Doors
40. Blind Melon
45. Gipsy Kings
49. Toad the Wet Sprocket
50. Iron Butterfly

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that this list is ridiculous...it's from a magazine run by Maxim. My theory is that they're trying to somehow gain credibility by bashing these artists - kind of like how indie rock journalists have the attitude that anything that's actually profitable must be made by corporate whores and sellouts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back