who's your least favorite singer?
Dec 9, 2008 at 8:17 PM Post #166 of 204
John Mayer (this guy bothers me on every level)
Tiny Tim (although sometimes his voice makes me crack up)
Chris Brown (that 'With You' song sounds like he recorded the hook while standing crotch-deep in ice water)

And yes, the generic American alternative/emo/punk/whatever sound.

Dec 10, 2008 at 4:00 AM Post #167 of 204
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cousin Patty /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yes

Oh, come on...
tongue.gif

That damn singer from Avenged Sevenfold. He's way too whiny...

Dec 10, 2008 at 4:48 AM Post #169 of 204
James Labrie
Jeff Buckley
Robert Plant
Brian Johnson

Basically any male who tries to sing like a female and fails miserably. Wailing in falsetto without any tone and in a way that'll show just how harsh some headphones are is not my idea of good vocals. Freddie Mercury would be an example of a male who tries to sing like a female, with resounding success. People like him tends of be extremely rare.

Dec 10, 2008 at 11:33 AM Post #170 of 204
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dublo7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Gwen Stefani.
I hope something bad happens to her larynx.

Hmm, I don't like most of her music but I do like her voice for some reason. I think she has a better singing voice than Madonna, as a comparison. Ever hear her version of It's my Life by Talk Talk? It's quite good.

Dec 10, 2008 at 8:36 PM Post #171 of 204
My vote goes to the lead singer (or should I say, lead Autotuner) of Maroon 5. The only thing more irritating to me than his voice is the fact that my friends all think he's an amazing singer.

Dec 16, 2008 at 9:22 PM Post #172 of 204
Quote:

Originally Posted by schwarzenneger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
mine is neil diamond.

Hey now...Well, anything after Classics the Early Years maybe.

I've gone through this thread, and might be wrong but no one has mentioned Leonard Cohen!

And another-Jennifer Nettles that shapely singer from the country group Sugarland. God. Easy on the eyes but torture on the ears.

(I agree wholeheartedly with those who mentioned Geddy Lee, Jim Morrison and Freddie Mercury
biggrin.gif
)

Dec 17, 2008 at 12:33 AM Post #173 of 204
Liam Gallagher of Oasis. He wishes he were Richard Ashcroft. As Burgess Meredith said, you can wish in one hand and crap in the other and see which fills up first. I think Liam sounds like the latter.

Dec 17, 2008 at 12:58 AM Post #174 of 204
James Hetfield. I can not stand metallica.

Jan 22, 2009 at 9:51 AM Post #177 of 204
Least fav singers: John Mayer, John Legend, Adam Levine.

Singers i hate: Justin Timberlake, Usher, Rihanna..basically all MTV kids..oh wait..they aint even singers.

Jan 23, 2009 at 5:03 PM Post #180 of 204
A singer who is merely unrepentantly bad (eg William Shatner) does not bother me. What is really annoying is when someone with no talent is marketed as "good". For this reason, my least favorite singer is Britney Spears.

(By the way, Neil Diamond has always been among my top 3 or 4 all-time favorite singers! His songs are sappy, his over-the-top showmanship is off-putting, but his actual singing is outstanding!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back